Looking For Implant Info

Q

qclab

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a new implant system from Nobel Biocare where the abutment is used for the impression coping and sent to the lab with impression? One of our perio docs wants to use it but we cannot find info on it.

Thank You

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think that may be and IMPLANT DIRECT clone of there system. they definitely have that sort of package on their fixtures.

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
John is correct, does it have a square piece on top of it that needs to be cut off? These are refered to as Fixture mounts. The implant direct clone for nobel replace is the Replant

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a new implant system from Nobel Biocare where the abutment is used for the impression coping and sent to the lab with impression? One of our perio docs wants to use it but we cannot find info on it.

Thank You

That sounds like Bio Horizons to me.The abutment is an anodized gold colour and is tapered with one flat surface. It comes with 2 screws. A Guide screw which has a round ball on the end which resnaps into the impression and is used for the closed tray technique .The other screw is for the final insertion.

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
The implant transfer analog that comes separate from the RePlant system is about $30, and can be used again when sterilized. In my opinion this is a much easier analog to use then the ones that come with their abutments. Go to this page Implant Direct and then scroll down to the videos on the RePlant, Replus, and ReActive systems. The first video in the series will probably be the one you want.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
A lot of implant compatible companies (i.e. Implant Direct, BioHorizons, Blue Sky, MIS, etc...) are making their impression copings so they can be used as a stock abutment as well. It wouldn't surprise me if the major manufacturers (Straumann, 3i, Zimmer, Noble-Biocare, Dentsply) weren't doing something like this. It's great because you have a stock abutment right from the jump start. Sure, not all cases will allow for a stock abutment, actually not many at all in my lab, but it is nice to show that to the doctor when you're discussing a custom abutment to him/her.