C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Denturism is illegal in California.

A

alex moheb

Reaction score
Ok! ...
I'm looking for Denture technician any suggestion where to start looking for one? craiglist had lots of applicants but poor quality technicians

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
contact the instructors at Bates in Tacoma... In the Dental Lab Program (kris Merriman) or Bob kris.. there is a pool of students

S

Saerius

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. Just out of curiosity why is denturism illegal in California?

D

dborla01

Reaction score
Denturism is illegal in Ca., due to the stranglehold that the CDA has on their self-serving system. That situation may change in some states, due to a ruling last year concerning Boards' etc, who shut our competition, as seen as self-serving, resisting the mkt. place.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I agree the CDA has not done me any favors over the years. I see it as collusion with the insco. They have done more to keep lab prices down than any other entity as I see it.

As a lab tech but more than that a business owner its these sorts of organizations that really are self serving and most definitely not an advocate for me in this trade.

As this thread is over a year old the truth is finding anyone with denture skills today is like finding a needle in the haystack. Finding anyone that can do it all, and do it well is met with many frustrations in my experience.

Its becoming a lost art and techs in general are harder and harder to find.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I agree the CDA has not done me any favors over the years. I see it as collusion with the insco. They have done more to keep lab prices down than any other entity as I see it.

As a lab tech but more than that a business owner its these sorts of organizations that really are self serving and most definitely not an advocate for me in this trade.

As this thread is over a year old the truth is finding anyone with denture skills today is like finding a needle in the haystack. Finding anyone that can do it all, and do it well is met with many frustrations in my experience.

More reason to legalize denturism.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. Just out of curiosity why is denturism illegal in California?

Because the American Denturist association has lots of money, and don't like us.

capickettcdt

capickettcdt

Reaction score
Highscore...you meant the AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION....Right? The Denturists don't have a lot of money. check out this link;
http://www.adea.org/Blog.aspx?id=30157&blogid=20132
Kentucky has a bill before our state legislature to authorize Denturism in the state. Of course it will be hotly debated ...but, It is sure working well in Canada and it is of benefit to the patients, especially those of lower income.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score

And they are pain in the butt like me.