Looking for a New System.....

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Maybe some work at the datasheet which span which position accuracy and which position repeatability and which concentricity accuracy at the end of the tool.

Great idea cadfan,
Its interesting when putting together the collateral's for the VersaMILL I did some looking around and noticed that the collateral's provided by the manufacturers of competitive machines did not provide this data. Coming from the machine tool business, this is something I found curious and most unusual.

I will update the VersaMILL Specifications to reflect:
Machine Accuracy (+/- mm or microns) : 5 μm
Machine Repeatability (+/-mm or microns) : 3 μm
Machine Resolution (+/- mm or microns) : 1 μm

Also the spindle manufacturer specifies 12μm but we actually measure run-out at installation where we typically see about 3-5μm at the tool and it is not unusual to see even less which is quite surprising.

Best
Steve

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Chicago in Mid-Winter...?? Um...No Thanks!!

I've never been to Chicago, but I will be going this year. Not too excited about going mid winter though, lol. Not what I'm used to here in Alabama. It never gets too cold, with the exception of today and tomorrow. I am looking forward to going to the meeting though.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. I highly suggest that anyone interested in machining titanium implant parts come to one of our (3) 2-hr lectures at LabDay Chicago this year to get the real scoop on what it takes to mill these types of parts. We'll be explaining the equipment characteristics (scanner & machine) and CAM software features that ensure consistent, high quality results. The Datron D5 has milled thousands of bars, and even more full custom abutments to date in the US - and we're very excited to share all the factors that have contributed to our customers' success. When your company has been doing this type of stuff for over 30 years, you learn a few things along the way ;-)

Here's a brief description (and registration) for the clinics if you're interested:
http://www.datron.com/lab-day-chicago.php

And by the way, I'm originally from Chicago and guarantee that if you can shake off the cold for a couple days, you'll LOVE the city... I promise!

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Scott, how easy are the HASS Mills to run?
I am not that technical, but I am looking for more accuracy and material choices for my next Mill.

Adam

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
We make it turn-key easy.
Do NOT need to learn what I have gone through.

Just walk up to mill and press start.
Forget about how/why it works. Just use it.

I calibrate and set it all up. You close your eyes.

Just change tools when needed, clean the filter, mix-up coolant.
No maintance needed at all! Mill has self-lubrication system internally.

We make it impossible to have serious crash by adding THREE redundant safty features in the CAM and CNC controller, as well as axis travel limits.

You would have to really know some stuff to undo the safty features and crash the mill!

Mill recognises when tools are too short, or too long, or broken. Very nice setup.
Anyone in my business can operate the mill now.

Easy-Cheesy!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Scott, give us the latest update on your mill....

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
110% rebuilt/redesigned from the original prototype.

Now has different Digital Controller and software, and fully closed-loop positioning with encoders.

Eight extra I/O ports for future upgrades.

It is exactly what I wanted it to be so far. 2-3 weeks I go play with it and make last minute changes.

I would go over all the specs with you, but I think only CoolLuke would understand. LOL

Absolutly nothing is from the original. Motors, frame, everything is different. Every little screw and wire purpose built for Dental.

Yes, it is taking forever, but it must be done correctly.

I have $$ to keep the project going and will bring it to market this year for sure!

Been working on it a lot in December in spare time. I will be the only distributor.

Luke, do you get Servo Magazine? I just got a bunch from 2013 and bought a subscription.

Looks awesome so far! What other periodicals do you recemmend?

Not online, but in print please....

Scotty

Charles, I am not going to be talking about it anymore until it is ready. OK?

Forget it exists, because it doesn't....yet!

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
You mean FYRM (former yugoslavia republic of macedinia) can otherwise might drizzt be sorry :)
Hahahahah I just now get it, Yes you can call it how would you like :) You can never change the name of the EARTH every other thing is relative :) :) :)

Top Bottom