Learning dentures (Again - with pictures!)

• Thread starter Cbite Dental Products
  • Start date
Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I tried posting these pictures yesterday...but something did not work out. So, here they are now.

Hi, my name is Jose. I am a rep for cbite. I am a dental lab tech with 35+ years in crown and bridge. I am here to help when I can. I am also here to learn from my fellow techs.

After 35+ years of crown and bridge I am suddenly learning dentures...and I am enjoying it and the way I am able to make a profound impact on a person's smile...and life.

Here are my first two patients...I am open to constructive feedback.

First patient: Had seven partial dentures made and was unhappy. He never grew a canine so it was a challenge to make it look completely normal...but he was very happy. In the before picture they tried to cram the canine into place.

20130614_141941_zps3214cd34.jpg

20130614_141852_zps19b2b928.jpg

The second patient: Her daughter said her mom had not really smiled in 20 years. Her husband had just past away...and so I wanted her to have a nice smile...she was only about 55 yrs old. She was all smiles afterwards...and looked much younger and so much like her daughter.

CarolsMombefore_zps36128668.jpg

CarolsMomafter_zps6ea42a67.jpg

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
An amazing transformation on the mom. You're obviously comfortable with good smile design.
The canine is a difficult angle... I like the outcome, but I can't see how you did it. Is it rotated out at the mesial? Did you have to narrow it or was rotation enough?

What got you into dentures?

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
An amazing transformation on the mom. You're obviously comfortable with good smile design.
The canine is a difficult angle... I like the outcome, but I can't see how you did it. Is it rotated out at the mesial? Did you have to narrow it or was rotation enough?

What got you into dentures?

kcdt,

Good afternoon! Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, the mom looks totally different.

On the male patient, what you are looking at is not a canine...it's a bicuspid. Since the patient never grew a canine he did not have room for me to add one. So, I just focused up putting the mid line into position. It worked. On his old denture they tried cramming the canine into to place...that moved all the teeth to the side and it also moved the mid line.

Dentures seem more affordable to many people at this time. So, I decided to just jump in and give it a try. I have to get used to the new materials...and there are little tricks that you learn along the way...I am slowly learning those.

Thanks for the reply...your feedback really helps. Have a great day.

Jose

corona

corona

Reaction score
cbite , nice work , please be mindful of HIPAA law and adjust pics accordingly . welcome to DLN corona

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
cbite , nice work , please be mindful of HIPAA law and adjust pics accordingly . welcome to DLN corona

Corona,

Thanks for the nice comment and the tip. Have a great day!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
dropping the cuspid was a good choice. you can't really tell it's not there...your eye just makes the assumption the bi is the cuspid.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Very nice, CBite. well done, amazing..... especially on the mom. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you made a difference in her psyche.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Very nice, CBite. well done, amazing..... especially on the mom. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you made a difference in her psyche.

Thank you.