lava ultimate

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
and the warranty...??

You know ,its that double secrect, thrusticating nuclear fiber optic warranty that 3m normally provides us,send it back and wait 90 days for your cash.

And the DR- probably gets a great new blender/toaster or quality sandpaper products.What more can u ask for.lol

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Hammerhead. The talk of debonding that has arisen always seems to lead down the same path... User error. I have one in my mouth, on a second molar, and so far, so good. I did, however, comply with the manufacturers instructions to the letter ( my brother is the clinician).
Treat it like john q public would. Bite down on a jolly rancher (or hard candy of choice) for a minute, not hard enough to break candy, then open. Lemme know.....

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
who bites down on jolly ranchers ? idiots?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so we will make them dentures. not try and give nice expensive high end teeth.

is it not common for dentists to tell patients with veneers or bridgework DONT eat hard candy ? i thought this was common practice. if dentists are not doing this and patients go ahead and flub it all up, it should be remake at +10% for idiot factor.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
so we will make them dentures. not try and give nice expensive high end teeth.

is it not common for dentists to tell patients with veneers or bridgework DONT eat hard candy ? i thought this was common practice. if dentists are not doing this and patients go ahead and flub it all up, it should be remake at +10% for idiot factor.
Really? You think its common for a dentist to say "i just replaced your teeth with a product that won't work as well as what was originally there, be careful what you eat..." ??you think its right for us to call what we make a restoration when it doesn't restore what was originally there? ever had stitches? A broken bone? Did the doc tell you " careful, i just made you more prone to splitting open or don't walk normal cuz your leg might break....? Restored. Not kinda fixed..

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Really? You think its common for a dentist to say "i just replaced your teeth with a product that won't work as well as what was originally there, be careful what you eat..." ??you think its right for us to call what we make a restoration when it doesn't restore what was originally there? ever had stitches? A broken bone? Did the doc tell you " careful, i just made you more prone to splitting open or don't walk normal cuz your leg might break....? Restored. Not kinda fixed..

Yes it's common for dentists to say that because it's true. You can't replace nature.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
20130123_214030.jpg 20130123_214348.jpg
Yes it's common for dentists to say that because it's true. You can't replace nature.

Not replace. Restore..glad the doc that helped me when i got hit by the drunk didn't think to himself. Hope this lasts 5 years so i can make it to the next insurance pay off. Or i wouldn't be able to do this...

Dentures maybe...
20130123_214030.jpg 20130123_214348.jpg

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You're*

and a restoration is when you grow a new tooth where the broken one was. what we make is not a restoration, it is a prosthetic. prosthesis cannot function the way nature functions.

your doctor RESTORED your bone by actually repairing that which was broken. you cannot fix teeth in this manner, never hope to. you can only put an artificial one in its place and hope it looks somewhat close to natural. when the patient regrows hs teeth, he will be restored, but not sooner.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
You're*

and a restoration is when you grow a new tooth where the broken one was. what we make is not a restoration, it is a prosthetic. prosthesis cannot function the way nature functions.

your doctor RESTORED your bone by actually repairing that which was broken. you cannot fix teeth in this manner, never hope to. you can only put an artificial one in its place and hope it looks somewhat close to natural. when the patient regrows hs teeth, he will be restored, but not sooner.

Oh...then why are the titanium plates and screws still in it doc¿ and why do we call them restorations ?¿ i guess you make temporaries.. Like stated earlier in this thread...

You should of been an English teacher.

Fyi..aurum has stopped milling emax at one of their labs cuz they kept breaking.. More to follow for sure.. Something bout the mill scattering the crystals during milling process making weak spots..

Know how to wax? Or are you simply a button pusher? Your days are numbered..Milled temps look nice..

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

He just proved why FCZ is so popular.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
FYI aurum only has one milling center, and i happen to know they werent milling emax. they always have been milling wax and pressing. having dealt with this i can assure you aurum's milling center in Calgary is top notch. you should get a tour one day. pretend youre a doctor.

are you serously asking why titanium doesnt break?

and yes, all of us, we only make temporaries. none of us put "lifetime warranty" on our products. none of our products can last that long. not even the best made crown will have such a warranty and if it does, the warranty doesnt cover the shade.

if you can't guarantee the shade to act natural, how can you claim to be making a restoration ?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
My experience. When people are wrong they result to name calling. But yes. Both. Your old.:kiss:

You flipped me off first. That's immature. Is this Scott? Hey I'm just barely 50, is that the new 50 ? I can name call with the best if that's the road you want to go down or I can have a nice civil debate if that's the one you want to go on.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
God i missed this ... :)

Sorry if my finger offended you/anyone. Intent was to show hand and wax up.