Las Vegas Institute (LVI) case

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Last year I became a LVI Certified Technician and wanted to share it with you all. To become certified through LVI, I had to go to Smile Design and Enhanced Smile Design classes. Fortunately I passed those two classes and want to share the pictures with you. If you're thinking about enhancing your anterior techniques, want to work with Ivoclar products, or become much more efficient in your anterior cases, I highly suggest these classes. These classes aren't cheap at all, in total I think I spent around 8,000, which includes both trips (i.e. airfare, rental car, hotel, food, and class fee). These classes are very well put on and you will learn tons of information. Since taking these classes, my anterior work has enhanced greatly, and I've done so many full mouth cases since then and they've looked wonderful in the mouth and it's really increased my overall sales and quality.

1st picture: The Class at LVI

2nd picture: Patient wanted a smile-makeover, #9 was an existing crown, and had quite a bit discoloring throughout, also her teeth were worn down and not very female esthetic pleasing.

3rd picture: My empress esthetic veneers on the model. Everything looks fine huh? That's what I thought as well.

4th picture: My veneers placed into the patients mouth, notice #4 is bulky at the incisal, short margin on #8, and #11 is to long. These little imperfections were not seen on the model but wow did it stand out in the patients mouth. After this class, my eyes go directly to these imperfections on the model and why I suggest taking this class so much. It enhances you pointing out these type of imperfections.

5th picture: These are the instructors (master ceramist for ivoclar) veneers on the model. Notice, no imperfections. Although I will say, I liked my translucency at the incisal better than the instructors, however, he didn't have any imperfections and the case was bonded in place.

6th picture: A very happy patient!!!!! Now this isn't for every case, however this will enhance your esthetics in anterior work even for single units. This class is tough, some people do fail, don't think you can just go do the enhanced smile design (skipping the initial class, smile design) to become LVI certified. Once you do pass, you go into a database for any LVI Doctor and they will send you cases. I've picked up a few out of state accounts because of this. It's expensive, it total enhances your anterior work, and you'll get some new accounts out of it and know your putting out a real nice product. Thanks for letting me share and don't hesitate to tell me these look like crap, i've got broad shoulders and can take anybody's opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
1st Picture....O.K....which one is YOU?? Put some joy in my day.

Best point of this post....placement on a list that drs access to find a trained tech from LVI.
This is as close as it gets to displaying as an exhibitor at a convention. What proves this is the new accounts sending work. All may or may not stay, some or most will. THAT makes 8k cheap for the return you will see.

Do this Travis. Go into a little debt if you must, you will clean it up quickly with this type of education. Along with timeing (competeing) with yourself. Also of equal importance... the techniques described by Tom. This is the stuff. These are the answers.
Mike.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The white guy in the back, tallest in the picture, under the V in Advanced, blue shirt with dark blue collar, sorry, not a good pic. Here is a better picture of me if your in such a need. About Us

L

labdude

Reaction score
There is something I can work with. Interesting, your a youngster, without the confusion of the parties.
That LVI, hope it brings you more business.
That is the best way, find a place where they come to find you. If they aren't in need of your service, they won't waste your time, and you won't waste theirs.
Touchy feely visits are nice, along with donuts and what have you. Save that for when they are yours.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Rob I did that political test I came out two lines to the right of yours in the libertarian square 1 to the right of that other guys.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob I did that political test I came out two lines to the right of yours in the libertarian square 1 to the right of that other guys.

Nice, yeah it's a pretty accurate political quiz, although I will say, it mixes the libertarians, social conservatives, and constitutionalists as all libertarians. It just gives you a perspective into how Big Government is never the answer, when has the government ever really "changed" anything for the better or gotten smaller. Oh that's right, they did repeal the 18th amendment (prohibition),they really need to repeal the 16th amendment (income tax) and make it a national sales tax (FairTax). Okay, enough ranting.

Z

zena

Reaction score
hey nice pic funny it's a small world, i work with one of the guys in the photo, i saw that pic at work.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
hey nice pic funny it's a small world, i work with one of the guys in the photo, i saw that pic at work.

Oh yeah, which one? I can't remember any Canada guys/gals their.

Z

zena

Reaction score
hes in the middle with glasses with a tan brownish coloured shirt, he's like my boss

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
hes in the middle with glasses with a tan brownish coloured shirt, he's like my boss

Oh, he was from California, San Fran area if my memory serves me right. He owns/operates a lab there I believe.

Z

zena

Reaction score
The guy I'm talking about he's Canadian. Maybe I didn't pin point him good enough. He's in between a bald guy with a striped sweater and a guy with grey hair and white T-shirt. He's the one between them but slightly behind them. Does that help.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Mr. chicken,
Would you like to be something other than chicken??? Might be able to change it.
Mike.

Z

zena

Reaction score
I see you don't like my name, and by the way it's Ms. not Mr. LOL

L

labdude

Reaction score
YEOWW!!
Sorry. Anyhow, I read in another thread how you came to be chicken. Not that I don't like it, it's amusing. Just asking, carefully asking, if you would like something different, as you didn't realize it would be your id name. ???
Carefully,
Mike.

Z

zena

Reaction score
No worries no offence taken by your question it doesn't surprise me that I get asked ask "why that name", When I did realize that was my profile name I thought holy cow that's retarded! I think now, since people know me as chicken I will keep it like that LOL. Maybe I should of been Lab-Rat What do you think?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
No worries no offence taken by your question it doesn't surprise me that I get asked ask "why that name", When I did realize that was my profile name I thought holy cow that's retarded! I think now, since people know me as chicken I will keep it like that LOL. Maybe I should of been Lab-Rat What do you think?

Now Ill call you Chick.