Keystone Luxury Articulator - Removing Cast

M

mrmarch20

Reaction score
New guy here and in the industry. I just bought the Keystone Luxury Articulator for denture work. How do you separate cast from the mounting plates? There was no instruction manual inside the box and I can't find any info on the web. I thought the magnetic discs we're to help take out the cast.

I'm including photos to show you guys what I mean. I thought this would be simple but... Thanks for any help.

https://dental.keystoneindustries.com/product/luxury-deluxe-articulator/
7986ce95595b20ba33f07c039bfecd2a.jpg
3445af1d491c208ea98dd6d5cd8cef8e.jpg
b4e654c7c73123fc0b0ec2678e688e5d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
What are those four sleeve looking things inside the mounting stone? I'm not quite sure what you've got going on there, but this Whip Mix Model 100 video might help. The Model 100 was basically an improved version of that Keystone articulator.

Also, you should use some vaseline or some type of separator on the green plate before mounting.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
The green plate stays attached to the articulator. The model with the round metal baby dish imbedded into the plaster comes off the green plate.
Paint a thin coat of Vaseline on the surface of the green plate that will come in contact with the plaster for easy removal.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, 1) Vaseline on green
2) Stick the metal dish to the magnet convex (scooped) side facing the plaster to be applied.
3) Add plaster
4) After plaster sets remove models with the metal dish imbedded into plaster.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
It would be wise to make index notches in the base of the cast, as you will eventually need to completely separate it from all mounting to flask for process.

M

mrmarch20

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. What MILLENNIUM stated about leaving the green plate on the articulator is true. I was able to pull up and separate the stone from the plate. I thought you had to separate with green plate in one hand and the other hand pulling on stone. No grip there. I'll remember to use Vaseline next time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
What are those four sleeve looking things inside the mounting stone? I'm not quite sure what you've got going on there, but this Whip Mix Model 100 video might help. The Model 100 was basically an improved version of that Keystone articulator.

Also, you should use some vaseline or some type of separator on the green plate before mounting.

The sleeves may fit short dowel pins to relate the model back on the mount, instead of index notches. ?Dontknow