KaVo Everest Mill Update

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
IMG_1879.JPG IMG_1876.JPG I thought I would start a new thread on this because I didn't think it was right to post in forsale forums.

This is an update on the mill we bought in Iowa.

Cosmetically, the thing was a mess. We used good old elbow grease to bring it back to its old glory! We took off the spindle and parts and cleaned everything up. CLR has been our best friend! Opening up the spindle was a typical mess of built up crud from lack of service.
Good thing the tracks are built from stainless steel, no damage to them.
The front drawer has a couple cracks we are gonna fix with epoxy.
The rear apron is stiff and will need replacement (the top is mint however)
When examining the serial number we found out this machine was built 1 mill apart from our other KaVo. They are practically brothers! (Or sisters??) what are the odds?

Now for the IBH computer. It would not start. Black screen but some lights came on. It took me a while to figure it out. I was resetting the BIOS but nothing. Checked power supply, it was brand new. So I started ripping every card out of the computer then try firing it up. It wasn't until I moved the memory card to the other slot that I got video! Put everything back together and copied cmos setting from our other IBH and got the computer going!

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 97
DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Today we put the old spindle back on to fire the mill up and see how she goes

Too bad you can't post videos

It went to home position perfectly and everything sounds like it should!

Our German tech comes in a week and we are ready for the spindle upgrade! And software to update this thing :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
:Congrats:nice work! What software are you going to run, kavo? Do you have to buy a new license or will it transfer?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
:Congrats:nice work! What software are you going to run, kavo? Do you have to buy a new license or will it transfer?

We use the IBH software, the kavo software is closed

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
oh, and i think it will transfer

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
post vids to youtube and link em!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What size milling burs will you use, you can only do 2 at a time right?

R

Rishv

Reaction score
Hi Devon,
I've got two kavo everests, fully opened system. I am just curious whether you've tried to convert the machine to dry mill zirconia?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Hi Devon,
I've got two kavo everests, fully opened system. I am just curious whether you've tried to convert the machine to dry mill zirconia?

Yes, we mill dry and wet. Just make sure the machine is dry, then we hook a dust collector up to the hose on top of the water/coolant unit. And obviously you need a dry strategy... or edit the NC file and turn the water off

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 24513 View attachment 24514 I thought I would start a new thread on this because I didn't think it was right to post in forsale forums.

This is an update on the mill we bought in Iowa.

Cosmetically, the thing was a mess. We used good old elbow grease to bring it back to its old glory! We took off the spindle and parts and cleaned everything up. CLR has been our best friend! Opening up the spindle was a typical mess of built up crud from lack of service.
Good thing the tracks are built from stainless steel, no damage to them.
The front drawer has a couple cracks we are gonna fix with epoxy.
The rear apron is stiff and will need replacement (the top is mint however)
When examining the serial number we found out this machine was built 1 mill apart from our other KaVo. They are practically brothers! (Or sisters??) what are the odds?

Now for the IBH computer. It would not start. Black screen but some lights came on. It took me a while to figure it out. I was resetting the BIOS but nothing. Checked power supply, it was brand new. So I started ripping every card out of the computer then try firing it up. It wasn't until I moved the memory card to the other slot that I got video! Put everything back together and copied cmos setting from our other IBH and got the computer going!

Today we put the old spindle back on to fire the mill up and see how she goes

Too bad you can't post videos

It went to home position perfectly and everything sounds like it should!

Our German tech comes in a week and we are ready for the spindle upgrade! And software to update this thing :)

That's just awesome! Amazing job.

R

Rishv

Reaction score
How did you get a dry strategy? Also are you hyperdent for nesting?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Is there any way that you know of making it a dry mill with the normal software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit the NC file, and search and replace everything with M08 to M09 don't forget to use caps