Just wired the money for versamill 5x-200for bars

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
I know....I've read and heard about these. It seems it's still fairly early to determine the long term clinical viability but they sound very interesting. Heck for the price, even if one breaks...make a new one. I'm waiting for material for purposes of our own testing. I'm very anxious to check these out.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I know....I've read and heard about these. It seems it's still fairly early to determine the long term clinical viability but they sound very interesting. Heck for the price, even if one breaks...make a new one. I'm waiting for material for purposes of our own testing. I'm very anxious to check these out.

Over a year and still going strong here...they look phenomenal in the mouth using the BDT Technique. Also, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so I know everyone here can getter done :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What polymer are you using for bars?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Possibly a reference to the Trinia material...?

It seems that from a cost perspective it may not be as attractive however its machine-ability properties are similar to that of PMMA.

We have a customer who has used it. It has the texture of laid up fiberglass but I personally do no view it as a substitute for titanium.

The 'weave' of the glass layup appears to be fairly rough (not a super-tight weave) which would indicate to me there would be a reliance on the bonding resins to support the integrity or shape of the prosthesis.

I suspect that bars from these materials would also have a bit more play or flex in them which would, aside from any clinical issues allow lower quality less accurate machines (and robust CAM software & machining templates) being able to get away with more. ;)

Just kind of thinking out loud. I'm sure there are much more qualified brethren here to voice opinions.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I was assuming pekkton or similar

Top Bottom