Journals worth subscribing to

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Are there any medical journals worth subscribing to?
Has anyone regretted subscribing to any in particular?
Would you subscribe again to the ones you do get?

I keep finding my search terms referenced in various journals abstracted by NIH, and it caused me to wonder about their utility to our side of the patients care.

Oh, if anyone else was unaware of this place:

http://www.intechopen.com/subjects/dentistry

it's worth a browse. Seems they publish books, but will let you download/view them chapter-by-chapter instead of paying $250+ for them. Some interesting ones from a quick glance.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
crickets

No journal apparently is worth it.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
crickets

No journal apparently is worth it.
I used to get JPD and the ACP journal. Liked both.
Was an early subscriber to Dental Dialog before it got bought by Palmieri. Hung on for a few years then dropped it when it turned into a Cad Cam catalogue for all intents and purposes.
I've read IDT before and thought it had potential.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I used to get JPD and the ACP journal. Liked both.
Was an early subscriber to Dental Dialog before it got bought by Palmieri. Hung on for a few years then dropped it when it turned into a Cad Cam catalogue for all intents and purposes.
I've read IDT before and thought it had potential.

Thanks! Did you stop getting JPD & ACP for any particular reason related to their quality?

I've gotten Dental Lab Products, which is a marketing show and tell rag. Hadn't seen an IDT in years, forgot about them.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thanks! Did you stop getting JPD & ACP for any particular reason related to their quality?

I've gotten Dental Lab Products, which is a marketing show and tell rag. Hadn't seen an IDT in years, forgot about them.
No, after I had cardiac issues come up, I reeled in my travel. The journals came with membership in the societies, and I just couldn't pay that for a subscription.
ACP dues were more than $450 when I stopped...
APS about $165ish.
I'd read both if I could afford to.
The rest are available online, so I just don't get in that much anymore.
I will admit that it could also be in large part that I went from self employed owner to employee as a result of relocation. Less need to aggressively keep up on trends.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Are there any medical journals worth subscribing to?
Has anyone regretted subscribing to any in particular?
Would you subscribe again to the ones you do get?

I keep finding my search terms referenced in various journals abstracted by NIH, and it caused me to wonder about their utility to our side of the patients care.

Oh, if anyone else was unaware of this place:

http://www.intechopen.com/subjects/dentistry

it's worth a browse. Seems they publish books, but will let you download/view them chapter-by-chapter instead of paying $250+ for them. Some interesting ones from a quick glance.

Dental Technologies usually has some good content.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If multi-quoting such as this is considered rude, I do apologize to those who may feel offended.

No, after I had cardiac issues come up, I reeled in my travel. The journals came with membership in the societies, and I just couldn't pay that for a subscription.
ACP dues were more than $450 when I stopped...
APS about $165ish.
I'd read both if I could afford to.
The rest are available online, so I just don't get in that much anymore.
I will admit that it could also be in large part that I went from self employed owner to employee as a result of relocation. Less need to aggressively keep up on trends.
Heafty dues. But that's what tax write-off are for I guess. Thanks for telling me! My wife had 2 M.I.s in Dec 2004, so I have an idea of where you may have been. Glad you're still here, you remind me of my wise grouchy Uncle. :)

I enjoy IDT, and you can subscribe for free at www.insidedentaltech.com
Went and subscribed as soon as I saw your post. Great! I had forgotten them as my old lab had too many magazines coming in to keep up with, they were one that was stopped when 3 called in 1 day to try and get renewals or new subscribers.

AltreX, I'm unfammilar with that one. Is it a "regular" magazine? Off to Google I go..., Thanks!

Dental Technologies usually has some good content.
GarryB, that's another one I'd not heard of. Thanks!

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Labline has a double deus in its hands with their ultra fine photos and bad*ss master technician posts... as many other journals are not afraid to publish works and photos from crappy technicians like me :D

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
If multi-quoting such as this is considered rude, I do apologize to those who may feel offended.

Heafty dues. But that's what tax write-off are for I guess. Thanks for telling me! My wife had 2 M.I.s in Dec 2004, so I have an idea of where you may have been. Glad you're still here, you remind me of my wise grouchy Uncle. :)

Went and subscribed as soon as I saw your post. Great! I had forgotten them as my old lab had too many magazines coming in to keep up with, they were one that was stopped when 3 called in 1 day to try and get renewals or new subscribers.

AltreX, I'm unfammilar with that one. Is it a "regular" magazine? Off to Google I go..., Thanks!

GarryB, that's another one I'd not heard of. Thanks!
No MI yet. I went into full blown CHF in '10, wound up with a pacemaker, and have since managed to climb up from completely screwed to compromised.

Top Bottom