Jobs in Sweden?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How well do you speak swedish? I cant imagine someone hiring you if they have to speak english. Although it is possible, Ive done it and its not easy.
EU regulations are pretty strict.. I was ready to be hired by Ivoclar but because I had a swiss visa, and Ivoclar is in the EU, they had to offer the job to an EU member first, and thus took the job from me. Theres a Dr on DLN that is in Sweden and just set up an in-house lab, you may have just missed your perfect opportunity but Im sure you could find him on here! Good luck!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you have any problems with grey skies for 360 days a year Do Not Go. There is rarely a sunny blue sky day. And lots of rain. Imagine freezing cold Florida with a blue sky occasionally replacing the occasional hurricane.

I worked with a guy who moved there doing lab work, then moved back.They'll teach you Sweedish at a free evening community class. But the weather gets very depressing. Can you accept a complete inversion 0f your current weather? It'd be close as you could get.

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
If you have any problems with grey skies for 360 days a year Do Not Go. There is rarely a sunny blue sky day. And lots of rain. Imagine freezing cold Florida with a blue sky occasionally replacing the occasional hurricane.

I worked with a guy who moved there doing lab work, then moved back.They'll teach you Sweedish at a free evening community class. But the weather gets very depressing. Can you accept a complete inversion 0f your current weather? It'd be close as you could get.

Thanks for the heads up.. as for the weather, don't know why but i'm never affected by it... i've lived all over and all kinds of weather... rainforest, so lots of rain and humidity (Panama),desert-like (colombia),cold (upstate new york and wisconsin),in italy i lived by the alps... now SoCal... i adapt :D As for the language i had already started to learn some, and even my kids know a bit. Main thing is if there's a good job outlook for dental lab, as a back up i have dental assistant certification as well.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you watch this a couple of times, you'll have a pretty good head start on the language.....

When they took jim there with him, the chef character massivly offended them. They had no idea what was going to hapen and had prepared massive amounts of their foods. That got thrown everywhere.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.. as for the weather, don't know why but i'm never affected by it... i've lived all over and all kinds of weather... rainforest, so lots of rain and humidity (Panama),desert-like (colombia),cold (upstate new york and wisconsin),in italy i lived by the alps... now SoCal... i adapt :D As for the language i had already started to learn some, and even my kids know a bit. Main thing is if there's a good job outlook for dental lab, as a back up i have dental assistant certification as well.
It was a 'leave some work for the next person' type of place, but the companies are cutthroat capitalist in pricing and management to make up for the heavy tax load.
Customs may have changed, this is all 20 year old 2nd hand stuff.

I'd bet they have a department of labor statistics group like the US, that would be your best bet for outlook data.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
When they took jim there with him, the chef character massivly offended them. They had no idea what was going to hapen and had prepared massive amounts of their foods. That got thrown everywhere.
Hunh???

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

sounds like Swedish....

Sweedish chef > Muppet > jim henson

When the muppet crew went to Sweden, the Swedes were told the Swedish Chef character was coming. They didn't really know what that act was about aside from the name.

They prepared a cultural buffet, well smorgasbord. Enter stage left the Swedish Chef. Enter stage right a cultural misunderstanding.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
They should've just served Swedish Fish, everybody loves those.

technician

technician

Reaction score
Been bouncing around the idea for a while now between opening my lab here (California) or moving to Sweden and work there as a lab tech; anyone here currently in Sweden or familiar with the dental lab requirements/job outlook there?

Cory don't let these narrow minded people;) who never been to Sweden tell you what to do.
Sweden is a fantastic country that really does have much sunlight.

See link below how to proceed obtaining a work permit.
Theres also lots of info about Sweden.
https://sweden.se/society/obtaining-a-work-permit/

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Cory don't let these narrow minded people;) who never been to Sweden tell you what to do.
Sweden is a fantastic country that really does have much sunlight.

See link below how to proceed obtaining a work permit.
Theres also lots of info about Sweden.
https://sweden.se/society/obtaining-a-work-permit/
I'm not narrow minded and I resent the inference. I'm a closed-minded American.

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Been bouncing around the idea for a while now between opening my lab here (California) or moving to Sweden and work there as a lab tech; anyone here currently in Sweden or familiar with the dental lab requirements/job outlook there?

Work for me!