Jensen- new Miling machines

S

sonlab

Reaction score
Any one know what brand/make the new milling machines that Jensen is selling are?

K

KIM

Reaction score
Any one know what brand/make the new milling machines that Jensen is selling are?[/QUO
Jensen's Brand is Preciso but the mills are manufactured by VHF. The 2 new mills are hot! They are the equivalent to the K5 (New) and S2 VHF mills. They are both very well built machines. The K5's frame is a massive cast from aluminum. Nothing in the frame is bolted together, it's all cast as one piece for extra precision. Also, the milling chamber has no right angles in it so the ZR dust doesn't get trapped in the corners. If ya'll want more info just let me know and I'll post some....

doug

doug

Reaction score
Show special was $33,000, if I remember correctly

doug

doug

Reaction score
Thanks, Kim. That's for the K-5 mill?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Not a bad price point, I can get a VHF S1 5 axis with Cam, PC (complete) and suction for 31,500.

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Can you give me some feedback on the new AHF K5 milling machine. I am thinking of purchasing one pretty soon and am just wanting to hear the reviews and the problems if any you might of had?

C

charles007

Reaction score
$31,495 for Mill, PC, Monitor, CAM, Training and a Material/Bur package :).

Something to take into consideration if buying a mill from Jensen ! Not one member on DLN has bitched, moaned, complained of poor or lack of support, or
ask for help for their Jensen Preciso (vhf) mills. (Only other company I know of without complaints on DLN with their mill is Axsys Dental Solution, another DLN Sponsor)
Plus with Jensen's mills you have the advantage of their Cam which is not the Basic Cam that comes with most resellers of these mills..

K

KIM

Reaction score
Something to take into consideration if buying a mill from Jensen ! Not one member on DLN has bitched, moaned, complained of poor or lack of support, or
ask for help for their Jensen Preciso (vhf) mills. (Only other company I know of without complaints on DLN with their mill is Axsys Dental Solution, another DLN Sponsor)
Plus with Jensen's mills you have the advantage of their Cam which is not the Basic Cam that comes with most resellers of these mills..
Thanks Charles, we appreciate that! Just an FYI that we have special pricing on the new Preciso M205 (VHF K5) mill with our own Preciso CAM and a Computer for $26,995. This is a very robust 5 axis single 98mm Disc mill. The entire frame of this is cast from one piece of aluminum, not only for stability but also to allow for no sharp angles inside the milling area for dust to collect. It also uses a 60,000 rpm spindle with 4 fold ceramic hybrid ball bearings. The B axis can also rotate +-35 degrees which is exceptional rotational range, enabling you to mill more difficult cases. Here are a few pics of the mill with the "Top off" View attachment 21883 View attachment 21884

Thanks Charles, we appreciate that! Just an FYI that we have special pricing on the new Preciso M205 (VHF K5) mill with our own Preciso CAM and a Computer for $26,995.

This is a very robust 5 axis single 98mm Disc mill. The entire frame of this is cast from one piece of aluminum, not only for stability but also to allow for no sharp angles inside the milling area for dust to collect. It also uses a 60,000 rpm spindle with 4 fold ceramic hybrid ball bearings. The B axis can also rotate +-35 degrees which is exceptional rotational range, enabling you to mill more difficult cases.

Here are some "Topless" Pics:
M205 Mill Topless 1.jpg M205 Mill Topless 2.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
interesting construction is the 4 th ax via ball screws ??? same steppers as the others!! rails double size , 10 or 12 mm screws ?? sealed chamber !!

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
interesting construction is the 4 th ax via ball screws ??? same steppers as the others!! rails double size , 10 or 12 mm screws ?? sealed chamber !!

Here is the S2 setup as you may already of seen.
dental-fraesmaschine-s2-impression.jpg

Here is the K5 Setup, completely different. Kind of upclose but all I could find online right now.
dental-fraesmaschine-k5-impression-innenraum.jpg

dental-fraesmaschine-k5-impression-innenraum.jpg

Similar to the Versamill 5 axis, but the B axis is on the A axis arm, the Versamill is the opposite.
rotated.jpg

The A axis is hinged to both sides of the chamber while the B axis is in the middle with the motor placed on the back side of the swing arm. The upper part of the chamber has a black accordion style plastic sheet that covers the entire top part of the chamber to better help keep Zr dust out from the upper half of the mill unlike the S1/S2 and the 4axis mill. This Mill will not have a disk changer due to the way they designed the A axis spanning across the the chamber.
Looks like the Screws and the disk holder have note changed from the S1/S2 models, still the same screws and ring. Just able to go 35 degrees and cut into a 40mm disk. Still has a deep bottom to it which most likely will still have a pile of Zr dust build up if you don't have the proper suction. I think the Quatro works better then the Vaniman stone vac II. The Vaniman works great on the 4axis but on our S1 it doesn't do as good of a job and I have to clean it out once a week. Doesn't effect milling at all unless you have large chucks of fallen Zr laying in just the right spot so when the A axis goes to 25 degrees the B axis motor casing hits the Zr chunks. I am super anal about getting those chunks out even during milling I open the door and grab them.

Seems like it is solid mill for the price range with a Cam and CNC software for 25K from talladium add suction to make it 26,500. for a turn key milling system not too bad. Our S1 is rock solid, no issues so far.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hi Sevan thanks the A axis looks like its driven with balls screws and not with a harmonic drive gear ??? 40 mm Blanck i think depended on what to do therefore the tools are to limited not long enough. For models i think so the rest we see.

Now looks like 4 ax mills make no more sense for a lab just a few dollar more to heaven.

And is this the end of the loader ? 2 mills a bit more

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi Sevan thanks the A axis looks like its driven with balls screws and not with a harmonic drive gear ??? 40 mm Blanck i think depended on what to do therefore the tools are to limited not long enough. For models i think so the rest we see.

Now looks like 4 ax mills make no more sense for a lab just a few dollar more to heaven.

And is this the end of the loader ? 2 mills a bit more

No more 4axis needed exactly. For the same price price they now have the 5axis. And yes on the new 5axis vhf built it is the end of the puck loader on the newest model cause on their S2 model it loaded the disk form the left side of the mill, now the A axis blocks the path.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@ Kim just for my knowledge base is the one btw stepper and B ax a gearbox ( number 1 ) ?? and for what is the additional ball screw number 2 ??
the rest looks like they learned a few things very solid !!
M205 Mill Topless 1.jpg   2.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
@ Kim just for my knowledge base is the one btw stepper and B ax a gearbox ( number 1 ) ?? and for what is the additional ball screw number 2 ??
View attachment 21912

It looks like a stepper attached to a pivoting enclosure of the ball screw coupling to me...

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
View attachment 21912

That is the B-axis Ball screw assembly with a pivoting enclosure as ZERo ZERo said. There is a tensioner spring that appears like a second ball screw in the picture. Easier to tell the difference in person. The A-axis still uses a harmonic drive. I do not know if the ball screws have changed in diameter or what diameter they are.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Thanks esamuelr and Zero the tensioner spring is like a additional shock versus vibration absorber for B axis ???

Top Bottom