Ivoclar invex liquid discrepancies

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I just had a talk with another Lab owner and found out that his Invex liquid contained 1% hydrofluoric acid. Mine only contains 0.5%. Then I pulled the SDS sheet and found according to Ivoclar, it suppose to contain
1 - 2,5% Sulfuric acid and 0.1 - 0. 5% Hydrofluoric acid.
So now I am puzzled. Why are there 2 different solution strength on the market??
and most of all:
Why is the ingredient list not the same as the SDS Sheet? There is now word of Sulfuric acid on the Bottle label.
If L&I is catching me to mis-label such a dangerous product falsely, I am busted to high heaven. How does Ivoclar gets away with that???????

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
HI all,

Just saw this as well as got the email from our customer service. subrisi, can you send me a photo of your label and the lot# from your carton (and your friend's, if possible) to [email protected] ?

I'm sure it is one of these things where it is a proprietary mixture, so we put a range on the bottle (as well as in the SDS) instead of the exact amount. Regulatory standards may have changed from your friend's bottle to yours, requiring the change in the labeling that you are seeing. and both acid concentrations are such a low level, the sulfuric may not have been a requirement to have on the label.

As far as we've been told, there has been no change in the material, so the normal 10-30 minutes that are in the Instructions For Use still apply.

I will look into this tomorrow and talk to our people in compliance and manufacturing to see if we can get a full answer for you. Feel free to call me at 716-264-2148 upload_2016-7-6_20-6-33.png any time to talk about it. If it is after hours and/or I'm not at my desk, please leave a message and it will go to my email and I'll call you back as soon as I can (usually within a few minutes, but can be a day or two if I'm on vacation, but I'll usually have one of the other techs call in those cases).

G

gold999

Reaction score
I live in Canada and my bottle is actually expired
Ref # 597064 Exp 2015-09 Lot NL0251
My guess it's 3 - 4 years old.
The only thing is says on the label < 1% Hydrofluoric acid