Ivoclar Inline

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
It is milled . I would never under any circumstance do a laser sintered frame directly on the implants .
I totally agree with you, it is quite a wonder how here in Greece some do make laser sintering on such jobs, either small or big

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Drizz, veering of topic for one second. I'll be getting a Yenadent D30 in the next few weeks;)

Phenomenal work by the way!

Jason

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I totally agree with you, it is quite a wonder how here in Greece some do make laser sintering on such jobs, either small or big

When someone asks me how much I charge for milling metal for implant supported cases , and then they tell me it is too much compared to laser sintering , I am asking one simple question . Do they want to do it cheap , or correctly ?? If they want cheap , be my guests . When the implants fail , because they have created a highway for bacteria , it's their fault .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizz, veering of topic for one second. I'll be getting a Yenadent D30 in the next few weeks;)

Phenomenal work by the way!

Jason

Hey Jason !!

Thanks for the nice words !! How did the Yena D30 came your way ? Are you gonna mill metal also with it ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Plan on doing a little metal. It's relabeled here as a Pro 4000

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Plan on doing a little metal. It's relabeled here as a Pro 4000

I am sure you will love the machine !! It is a workhorse ! I have the bigger model but the D30 also is a great machine !! You will get the best zirconia milling you have ever seen man !! Which CAM software ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am sure you will love the machine !! It is a workhorse ! I have the bigger model but the D30 also is a great machine !! You will get the best zirconia milling you have ever seen man !! Which CAM software ?
Picasoft. I'm going to start a yenadent thread when mine arrives

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Picasoft. I'm going to start a yenadent thread when mine arrives

I will be more than happy to contribute there !! Version 4 or Version 5 of Picasoft ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I will be more than happy to contribute there !! Version 4 or Version 5 of Picasoft ?
That's the problem. I am purchasing Picasoft separate from the mill. The distributor said they are trying to work out some type of deal for me because version 5 will be available soon. They test the new version for awhile before releasing to customers. They do not want me to pay for 4 and then turn around and have to pay a fee to upgrade to 5. I should know by mid week what we can do

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm actually purchasing it from a friend. But origin is who distributes it here in the United States.

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
When someone asks me how much I charge for milling metal for implant supported cases , and then they tell me it is too much compared to laser sintering , I am asking one simple question . Do they want to do it cheap , or correctly ?? If they want cheap , be my guests . When the implants fail , because they have created a highway for bacteria , it's their fault .
Although very young in the profession, I couldn't agree more

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Although very young in the profession, I couldn't agree more

It doesn't matter if you you are young or a veteran in the profession , it is common sense . Once someone see the surface of the metal of a laser sintered frame and the one milled , he can tell the difference .

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yes, very nice work. The good thing about using 3.0 is at least during the lab phase, you have room to
do your esthetic work. Not so sure if screws are robust enough in the long run.
Do you have alot of Friadent/Xive cases where you are?
I place Xive for my cases here in the US . . .
LCM

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yes, very nice work. The good thing about using 3.0 is at least during the lab phase, you have room to
do your esthetic work. Not so sure if screws are robust enough in the long run.
Do you have alot of Friadent/Xive cases where you are?
I place Xive for my cases here in the US . . .
LCM

Thank you for the nice comment !!

We are doing a fairly big number of Xive implants here . I have 3-4 costumers who are using them exclusively . They used to be more in the past , but some of them switched to cheaper solutions like Mis and Alpha Bio . In this case , the fact that I was able to mill the custom abutments for the 3.0 implants was a life saver . Actually , 95% of the abutments I make nowadays are milled custom abutments . Really love them .

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I like it because of pre-milled transverse screw option in their prefab abutment. MIS and Alpha Bio, MegaGen are coming strong in the US Market.
Just the way things are. I have periodontist who would use Blue Sky Bio that looks like the Straumann tissue level also.
I make it a point that the patient have the label and brochure after implants placed so they know exactly what did they get.
LCM

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I like it because of pre-milled transverse screw option in their prefab abutment. MIS and Alpha Bio, MegaGen are coming strong in the US Market.
Just the way things are. I have periodontist who would use Blue Sky Bio that looks like the Straumann tissue level also.
I make it a point that the patient have the label and brochure after implants placed so they know exactly what did they get.
LCM

Couldn't agree more LCM , patient must know .