Ivobase Hybrid injection, voids?

D

Donovan R Naylor

Reaction score
I need help troubleshooting, please! We are using the ivobase injection system, and recently switched over to using the hybrid material, and Siltech super, shore A hardness 95, around the teeth. Since, we occasionally end up with small triangle voids along the mesial-cervical edge of the teeth. It looks very much like during injection, the acrylic is dragging past the tip of the teeth, and failing to fill the void immediately after, but still reaching up into the interproximals. Doesn't happen to every case, about 50%, and doesn't seem to care much for the thickness of material surrounding the teeth. Any clues? I'll be happy to give more info if you need anything else. Thanks in advanced!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Are you placing ion the machine as soon as you mix? This material is a is a hybrid self-cure/heat-cure acrylic. The machine already has a wait time built into the program, so any time just sitting on the bench can delay the injection past optimal consistency.

Also, make sure your flasks are below 86F before injecting. Just because it feels cold to your hand, does not mean it is below 86F. Average body temp is 98.6, and when the flask gets close to 100F it starts to feel cool to the touch. Use the thermometer that comes with the system to check several areas on the cast (not flask). If the temp is above 86F it can cause the material to start setting up a little to quickly, leaving voids and insufficient bond to the teeth.

D

Donovan R Naylor

Reaction score
I appreciate the response. We have been injecting as soon as the material is mixed, but I highly doubt we have been as cautious about the flask temperature. I will try watching this more closely, and hopefully things will come out better.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Cannot comment on the Ivobase material. I use Ivocap ( Preference) material for all cases,
no issues. The difference is, Ivocap is processed at a higher heat than the Ivobase.
Using the Elastomer program which allows the material to inject for 10 minutes
before heat is activated.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I appreciate the response. We have been injecting as soon as the material is mixed, but I highly doubt we have been as cautious about the flask temperature. I will try watching this more closely, and hopefully things will come out better.
I let cool in front of a low fan to make sure the separating fluid is dry as well. It isn't much but seems to help make sure things are safe in relatively the same timeframe.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Cannot comment on the Ivobase material. I use Ivocap ( Preference) material for all cases,
no issues. The difference is, Ivocap is processed at a higher heat than the Ivobase.
Using the Elastomer program which allows the material to inject for 10 minutes
before heat is activated.
Ivocap material is a great solution if you already have the 1000 dollar mixer. I keep looking for one for a reasonable price one day ill find it. :/

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Ivobase Hybrid is NOT a heat-curing acrylic and I would not recommend it for dentures. It is a cold-curing acrylic and it does not last very well compared to traditional acrylics. We are encountering 3 year old dentures that have fractures and strong discolouring. We have had to replace them with new material. Now trying out Ivobase High Impact.

Top Bottom