Ivobase flask investing

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What stone do you use to flask in the ivobase, looking for some possible options. I use stat stone right now, just because it is fast, then I use putty and cap with stat stone.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Hi
I use plaster when apply the models into the flask, I use Die stone around the teeth instead of the putty, with other half of the flask i use lab stone

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hi
I use plaster when apply the models into the flask, I use Die stone around the teeth instead of the putty, with other help of the flask i use lab stone
I was thinking of getting some rapid flask

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
I've been using rapid flask for years. And I would highly recommend it. Ready to boil out in 22 mins.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Trying to put up a photo. Get back to this later.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
At ivoclar training they said plaster will be crushed by the compression and stone was required.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
50/50 stone and plaster.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Is it plaster or stone quality?
Rapid Flask pours but when set feels as hard or harder than Quickstone or Microstone. Too lazy to look up the actual numbers.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Statstone is cheaper, and has been working just fine for me. Don't want to stock yet another stone if its not going to be better.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
2/3 stone, 1/3 plaster works well for Ivocap.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some rapid flask
Rapid flask seems to be a quick setting stone. But it can be full of bubbles so can be somewhat softer when it sets....Easy to deflask....I have used it for the top pour and it works well for me.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Statstone is cheaper sets within 5 minutes, and gets really smooth in the vac mixer, isn't soft either. When vac mixed it resists wax melt intrusion pretty well.

R

Rockelle

Reaction score
At my lab we use buff (yellow) stone to flask the set ups. We use lab putty to cover the teeth before we assemble both flask halves.

On another note, has anyone had issue with pink teeth or excessive acrylic flash after process?? My wax ups and carves are clean. At our lab we use vaseline coated on the stone model to act as separator but I am sure that doesn't contact the teeth or gingival trim. I also wipe each tooth surface with a dab of monomer and a cotton swab before I apply the putty and assemble flask. I use clean boiling water with no additives to boil out. I am also sure not to get separator on the teeth. I have also noticed that sometimes, when I am pouring clean hot water into flask to clean teeth after boil out, the teeth will pop out of place in the putty. I check to make sure all wax is removed form teeth and place the teeth back in place with a clean cotton swab. I then let the halves cool and then assemble, mix acrylic, and process.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
At my lab we use buff (yellow) stone to flask the set ups. We use lab putty to cover the teeth before we assemble both flask halves.

On another note, has anyone had issue with pink teeth or excessive acrylic flash after process?? My wax ups and carves are clean. At our lab we use vaseline coated on the stone model to act as separator but I am sure that doesn't contact the teeth or gingival trim. I also wipe each tooth surface with a dab of monomer and a cotton swab before I apply the putty and assemble flask. I use clean boiling water with no additives to boil out. I am also sure not to get separator on the teeth. I have also noticed that sometimes, when I am pouring clean hot water into flask to clean teeth after boil out, the teeth will pop out of place in the putty. I check to make sure all wax is removed form teeth and place the teeth back in place with a clean cotton swab. I then let the halves cool and then assemble, mix acrylic, and process.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
what stone are you using and are you mixing as the instructions say, are you leavihg a tip of the tooth exposed to engage the opposing halve's store and reduce putty give issues. Lots of options.

Try here: http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/...rylic-flash-around-teeth-after-process.25735/

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score

Vasoline is the devil for ivobase it creates a space, spaces are bad news for ivobase. Use the separating fluid, or the DVA stuff.
What is the shore hardness of your putty? There is no reason to use putty in a strait wax up. Only ivobase relines. Vac mix a thin wash (2-3mm thick) of NON-RESIN reinforced die stone and spatulate onto the wax up to make sure there are no bubbles then once thin layer loses its sheen and does not slump pour the top cap.