Ive got it, youll want it. Lava Esthetic

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nice to here do you have any pictures and a tip for sintercycles?

A picture of a Katana and Lava of the same tooth side by side would be nice. But that's your material and your time user, so I understand otherwise :)

Don't let the bugger off the hook!
We demand pics or else......Deal
Both sinter ovens were full last night. Well, not full, but running. I have a bridge of katana that I also did in Lava that will get sintered today. Its about a 5 hour cycle. Pics will be up later today. ;)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Which temps you are sintering
On the lava Esthetic...
20c/min to 800
10c/min to 1500
120 min hold
slow cool. max 15c down to 800, then max 20c down to 250.

That's the recommended cycle. Seems to work great. all Ive cooked is in the Dekema. I haven't tried a cycle in the big Mihm yet.

On the katana Im just going 10c/min up to 1540 with a 2 hour hold, slow cool. The A shades look fine, but the C shades are a bit of a turd. I can honestly get better results with other Zrs on C-2, C-3 and C-4.

corona

corona

Reaction score
congrats User ..... the downside is .... R. Chritianson kinda poopooed on the high translucent ZR's ..... so you know ...whatever they say is like EF Hutton . In the latest LMT

user name

user name

Reaction score
congrats User ..... the downside is .... R. Chritianson kinda poopooed on the high translucent ZR's ..... so you know ...whatever they say is like EF Hutton . In the latest LMT
Congrats on what?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe that guy has the pull he does. I may have missed it, but I've yet to see any comment by him that wasn't littered with a militant vagueness of conditionals with a slew of could, maybe, might, and possibly.

user name

user name

Reaction score
pics pics pics. where are the pics. cmon, its not like you have teeth to make!
Ive shot so many pics, and I cant get a shot with both bridges and a shade tab looking good. Ive tried different backgrounds, playing with the flash, I just said screw it. I can get good intra orals, but on the bench needs some work. I have snow to go shovel.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Ive shot so many pics, and I cant get a shot with both bridges and a shade tab looking good. Ive tried different backgrounds, playing with the flash, I just said screw it. I can get good intra orals, but on the bench needs some work. I have snow to go shovel.
all good buddy, just harassing you

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i think its too late to turn that boat around. its here whether he likes it or not.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Rella Christensen is kinda taking over as far as research, but uncle Gordy is still the figurehead. I also think they have to much research with Bruxzir, and maybe
a little loyalty to Glidewell, especially since Glidewell is the leader in lab price slashing for the Drs benefit.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i think its too late to turn that boat around. its here whether he likes it or not.
For years a lab I was at was asking the dds to seat our feldspathics with shaded cement. Nope, G. Gordon Christiansen will shoot us! Now he recommends shaded cements...
It's wrong or right based on his whim, and it changes.
Isn't that a cult??

user name

user name

Reaction score
all good buddy, just harassing you
Its not the magic bullet. With the katana, its pretty and trans, but on the shades Ive used so far, the dentin colors are too war. Almost too pink or orange, but they are nice. Especially the incisals.

On the lavas Ive used...so far, the dentins are better, but just a bit less incisal trans, and the inc it on the bright side. I think they'll benefit from some light touch of pre-sinter enhancements. Im still trying to figure it all out. Ill cook some lava in the other oven the next couple days and see how it looks. I might need to go just a bit hotter.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hmm. Ever had a crush on a girl and then kinda lost the lust? Shes still hot, but you want to keep your options open. I had a case frustrate me this morning, so Im re doing it in a different material. I need more transluceny.

NEVER substitute my opinion for your own.

These comments have not been approved by my sponsor and are solely my own. Your results may vary.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Its not the magic bullet. With the katana, its pretty and trans, but on the shades Ive used so far, the dentin colors are too war. Almost too pink or orange, but they are nice. Especially the incisals.

On the lavas Ive used...so far, the dentins are better, but just a bit less incisal trans, and the inc it on the bright side. I think they'll benefit from some light touch of pre-sinter enhancements. Im still trying to figure it all out. Ill cook some lava in the other oven the next couple days and see how it looks. I might need to go just a bit hotter.
spoke for an hour with my Jensen rep today. youre not the only one feeling that way about katana.
out of curiosity, how did you get your hands on the lava?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Agree. I think the chroma for the As are missing a bit of red/brown. Thanks for the tip in one of your other posts about Katana C shades not looking so good, the technical term I think you used was, they looked like "turds". I think I'll pass on trying those. Thanks for saving me some money there :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Agree. I think the chroma for the As are missing a bit of red/brown. Thanks for the tip in one of your other posts about Katana C shades not looking so good, the technical term I think you used was, they looked like "turds". I think I'll pass on trying those. Thanks for saving me some money there :)
The 'C's were appropriately low value, but the color wasn't there and the incisal trans was lacking.

spoke for an hour with my Jensen rep today. youre not the only one feeling that way about katana.
:pop:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Could you tell us more about what Jensen said?

Last edited:
Top Bottom