Ive got it, youll want it. Lava Esthetic

user name

user name

Reaction score
It pains me to share this with you; Id like to have it all myself.

I just ventured into the world of STML a couple weeks ago. Changs much longer, but pre-colored, I just tried with katana. I just finished my round of tests with the new Lava. I know weve bantered about the need for fluoresnce, but it exists in your natural teeth, so I think its a component of the ideal restoration.

How does the new Lava Esthetic compare? In the shades Ive used, its a winner. The easy button is getting big.

800 mpa sounds decent, just a few notches above the katana, but that might be a p!ssing contest.

This really is going to be a title fight. Im not all in, but Im betting big.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score

I just ventured into the world of STML a couple weeks ago. Changs much longer, but pre-colored, I just tried with katana. I just finished my round of tests with the new Lava. I know weve bantered about the need for fluoresnce, but it exists in your natural teeth, so I think its a component of the ideal restoration.

How does the new Lava Esthetic compare? In the shades Ive used, its a winner. The easy button is getting big.

800 mpa sounds decent, just a few notches above the katana, but that might be a p!ssing contest.

Yup

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

Hey User,
Do you have to position the crown in the puck for the desired translucency like the Katana or is this not an option?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hey User,
Do you have to position the crown in the puck for the desired translucency like the Katana or is this not an option?
You don't 'have to'. Your cam auto centers it I would assume, but as always, you could raise or lower it. The transitions between layers seems very blended. 14mm puck is going to be 95% of my load I think. I might be mistaken, but I think its available in 14, 18 and 22. I just did a molar about 9mm tall in the puck and tried centered and raised; Im just going to default to center on posteriors and see how it goes. So far, so good.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@user name Hey, friend, there's still time to change the thread title ;) Or intentional thread title grabber? :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
@user name Hey, friend, there's still time to change the thread title ;) Or intentional thread title grabber? :)
I realized my error after I created it. I didnt thunk you could edit a title? I sent a PM to Travis and asked him to do it so itll show up in future searches.

Besides..One of my new years commitments was to leave it. No edits. If I say something dumb, so be it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was going to mention the new years resolution ;) A title can be edited for awhile, I think it's outwards the top, or when you click edit, gives you the tile edit option.

Anyway, you got me excited to try it when it comes out.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I realized my error after I created it. I didnt thunk you could edit a title? I sent a PM to Travis and asked him to do it so itll show up in future searches.

Besides..One of my new years commitments was to leave it. No edits. If I say something dumb, so be it.
Your new commitments are lame. What happen to the really fun guy we used to know?o_O

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
He's starting to get into it. He posted some really helpful info for me in a PM. I'm now thinking user in morphing into Charles.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Your new commitments are lame. What happen to the really fun guy we used to know?o_O
Laughing at a dummy doesn't mean the dummy was a fun guy.

He's starting to get into it. He posted some really helpful info for me in a PM. I'm now thinking user in morphing into Charles.
Thanks. I haven't felt this good in quite a while...mentally. Last night I slipped on ice in the drive way going to check mail and did a stunt quality fall. Fortunately, I was able to just lay there a while and ice the injuries.

On a not related topic...Im trying to nest a small bridge in a 14mm Lava Esthetic puck. I cant figure out the multiple tilt options to get it right. I can tilt it so it fits, but then its not aligned with the X axis so my mill strategy wont calculate.

Help?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't felt this good in quite a while...mentally. Last night I slipped on ice in the drive way going to check mail and did a stunt quality fall. Fortunately, I was able to just lay there a while and ice the injuries.

On a not related topic...Im trying to nest a small bridge in a 14mm Lava Esthetic puck. I cant figure out the multiple tilt options to get it right. I can tilt it so it fits, but then its not aligned with the X axis so my mill strategy wont calculate.

Help?

This is where I wish I had a 5 axis mill, to be able to manipulate crowns and bridges in gradient zi without getting the error, now I'm locked into about a 10-12 degree ability to change my tilt angles.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
He's unadulterated and unvarnished. All the warts hanging o....

this is not where I wanted to be going.

L

lucky54

Reaction score

Nice to here do you have any pictures and a tip for sintercycles?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nice to here do you have any pictures and a tip for sintercycles?

A picture of a Katana and Lava of the same tooth side by side would be nice. But that's your material and your time user, so I understand otherwise :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A picture of a Katana and Lava of the same tooth side by side would be nice. But that's your material and your time user, so I understand otherwise :)
Don't let the bugger off the hook!
We demand pics or else......Deal