iTero to 3Shape

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
as far as digital scans go... I know the process for carestream and TRIOS...

can someone explain the process for bringing in an iTero scan?
we do NOT have the "all scans" module but have model builder for TRIOS

With carestream i'm able to have a 3rd party design the model so I can send it to Argen for printing...

appreciated

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Andrew, check out Cap Acadamy.
Thought I saw something on there about Itero to 3 shape.

Too lazy to provide a link right now.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
importing the scan to do desgns is easy.

creating models frm itero scans is hard. even with all scans module, modelbuilder wigs out.

so, before a case is "sent" you have the option of "exporting" duplicate data; in the Rx mark "local iDe" and from the drop down select 3shape.

then when the order is sent youll have all the data, just open a new order in 3shape and import the arches. the design is simple and straightofrward.

but lets back up a step; to get an unsectioned scan with no die ditch you will have to call align support and have them remove the ditch for you.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score

lol, yea, I need to get more involved with CAP... just got their pricing over last week

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score

creating models frm itero scans is hard. even with all scans module, modelbuilder wigs out.

so, before a case is "sent" you have the option of "exporting" duplicate data; in the Rx mark "local iDe" and from the drop down select 3shape.

then when the order is sent youll have all the data, just open a new order in 3shape and import the arches. the design is simple and straightofrward.

but lets back up a step; to get an unsectioned scan with no die ditch you will have to call align support and have them remove the ditch for you.

perfect thank you... will print and hang on to this

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
lol, yea, I need to get more involved with CAP... just got their pricing over last week
You might also want t check out Core3D - I saved quite a bit switching to them from CAP

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
our lab is part of a CAD buying group... believe me, we have the best pricing where we are...
but I do need places to mill the odd files

neila

neila

Reaction score
I doubt their support will be anywhere near as good as CAP. The support we receive from them is outstanding

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
CHL...I like your Avatar!:D

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
i'm not price shopping.. at all..

R

RJS8669

Reaction score

Is this still the case that to print an iTero model I have to call Align Support?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, not if you exported correctly, and have the module that allows iTero case import.

without it however, youre going to have a bad time.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
no, not if you exported correctly, and have the module that allows iTero case import.

without it however, youre going to have a bad time.
Can you explain? I have All Scans - not sure what you mean with regards to the exporting...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in the iTero Rx form you must export the order as compatible with 3shape. you have 1 shot at this, before the case goes to Align. if you miss it, you're going to have a bad time.

then in 3shape you do a case Import (instead of setting up a new order)

tick the box to make models and you'll make models without a problem.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
in the iTero Rx form you must export the order as compatible with 3shape. you have 1 shot at this, before the case goes to Align. if you miss it, you're going to have a bad time.

then in 3shape you do a case Import (instead of setting up a new order)

tick the box to make models and you'll make models without a problem.

If you miss it in the manager you simply just login into your myaligntech account then get it, So easy!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have some pics on here for the itero manager side

http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/itero-basics.24249/#post-222567

to import into 3shape simply do CTRL+I selecet the itero folder location option, when the window pops up in the lower corner you will see a create model check this to enable model builder and you can use cad points to make itero models. Itero should fall under 3rd party if you work off their digital file. If you create a new order and import the arches it might go under allscan.

All in all it is very easy peezy.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

No, just go to your myaligntech account and export it from there, very easy man. Takes about one minute.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeah well, i'm inept.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score

Well I am too lazy to look it up. So now I'll never see it. Thanks a lot!