ITero scans through 3Shape software

O

orthoace

Reaction score
hi

Can anybody please let me know whether you you can use iTero scans in 3Shape software such as Ortho analyzer or Dental system.

For example can a Dentist use the iTero scanner (Invisalign) and then send it to a lab who'll use 3Shape software?

Thanks in advance

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in most cases yes it is possible.

what specific application are you aiming for?

O

orthoace

Reaction score
Hi

I want to use iTero scans in 3Shape Ortho Applinace designer software, for example making splints or Orthodontic retainers

can dentists send me their ITero scans scans so I can use 3shapes Ortho appliance designer software to aid me making stages in making clear aligners.

Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
considering the amount of hoops the crown and bridge software people have to jump through, i'm fairly confident to answer yes its theoretically possible, however two barriers exist as i see it.

1. any case market for manufacture of invisalign is going to go to invisalign bar none. the case probably should be marked as ortho models in order to interrupt it going straight to mexico.

2. there is the requisite fee on both ends. align will want you to have at least a 'basic' level account with them, and 3shape will want you to pay extra to accept stl scans.

Top Bottom