1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPS Inline - front - color help ?

Discussion in 'Porcelain' started by VincentCeramics, Mar 22, 2012.

1. VincentCeramics

VincentCeramics New Member

Hello

i have retarded case :) should i strip all ceramics down? (and if i should, how to do it?) Or should i try to fix the color, ...i think i can't fix this... what do you say?

I kinda miss at start as i didn't count on shrinkage as i should.... so at the end i now have too much of enamel so it looks gray.

color is D3 and its solo crown, no.10

PICS:
    111111.jpg 2222222.jpg
  2. amadent

amadent http://amadent.net/Home.p

IMO- i would place pfm in Hydrofluric acid, strip porcelian off and restart crown

place acid in a plactic with lid on losely and put it in the ultrasonic cleaner should strip ceramic off in a few hrs

Greg Amendola MDT
  3. PDC

PDC Member

I think I would strip and rebake. I can really see the darkness in the 2nd photo better than the first. It almost looks like it is 2 shades to dark judging from the 2nd photo. I would try a d2 and use some brighter enamel like 0E3.
  4. VincentCeramics

Well i need to buy Hydrofluric acid :) thx for advice, ill strip it for sure!

And i will use OE3 too, thx

Should i use standard baking? like this:
    1 bake...deep dentin only to cover the surface and a bit of dentin to get around 85% of tooth shape
    2 bake... OE3
  5. charles007

charles007 Well-Known Member

Grind hard in a few places with a disk or fg trying to check your crown !,, run up to degas temp-and drop in water...... Some of the pocelain will pop off easily once it hits the cold water, blast off with your sandblaster....
  6. Pieter

Pieter Member

Is this a PFM or on zirconium? PFM is easy to strip - open flame for a few seconds and quench in water.Do this a few times.Grind clean,sandblast etc. However if you grind down the ceramic labially towards the neck ( dentine only) and leave most of the enamel and mix the equivalent of chroma plus ( Vita VM range) powders into the new dentine you can fix it. Any chroma increasing type ceramic should work but the question is how much should be mixed in? On Vita VM, I mix approximately 25% into base dentine as a rule of thumb, increasing it up to 30% as the shades get darker.
  7. VincentCeramics

Its PFM, thx for your advices all!
  8. AL1

AL1 Member

I have no problems stripping porc. with my sand blaster and its fast, just be careful.
  9. VincentCeramics

I heated it up on burner and then dip in cold water...it brake down but it does not go off all the way, so i went to send it up a bit and then it was ready for opaq again.

Thx for advices!

I used OE3 and now i got much closer match ....