Inventions

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I appreciate Dannys input, we know each other, and I appreciate his talents. But Wilson is correct in the fact that although the flasks are closed at 3000 psi that isnt the amount of pressure directed on the actual prosthetic or bar.
Flasks are closed metal to metal. The pressure at the metal interface is 3000 but not in a hollow mold which parameters of space are dictated by a flask component interface. On top of that, the packed acrylic is soft and fluid and not ridgid and flows close to the same as Ivocap. In fact, I have many I know that use Diamond D in their injectors.

I press conventional,relines, repairs, and implant bars with no distorsion or stress fractures mentioned. I dont have any of the problems mentioned and I dont know anyone complaining of those kinds of things Danny mentions, and I field all the technical calls for Keystone.

Injection is a nice production and marketing tool, but in my opinion, not worth single sourcing myself into a corner.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
The difference between injecting and press packing. Injecting, the flask is closed at the time of the acrylic being forced into the flask. Press pack, you are putting stress to your cast, teeth, bar etc., before the flask is closed completely. If the same person is doing the packing and has no problems, keep it that way. I'm just doing what works great for me and has been successful.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Sounds like you are set up to do a large volume of work over there. How many techs do you have in your lab? I never have to do any equilibrating with success but I think that goes for any closed flask injection system. I have never run into any problems with fit, I am injecting diamond d and have great results.

I do a fair amount of work here and stay very busy. It keeps me out of trouble. I have 3 employees in my lab, my wife as the office manager, and delivery driver. One part time CDT that is working approx. 25hrs a week waxing, and setting some teeth. Last but least, myself. Setting teeth, Laser welding, relines/repairs, and all finishes. Once in a while I am asked to lecture on Implant bars, Laser welding, Combination cases and Aesthetic dentures. There is only 24hrs in a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year:rolleyes:

As for the Diamond D, its Sh*t... I am hoping TomZ sees this.:D Not really.
When I was packing, it was great. Ample time to work with , and less dimensional change by far! Enough said...

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice set up danny.
I would 100 times rather inject a bar case over packing and I am definatly not backed into a corner of injecting I do both press pack and inject about 50/50 on all of the cases that I do I just choose the ones that I deem worthy cases for either process.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Danny is one of the hardest working dudes in the bidness.. Theres only 24 hrs in a day and Danny works 18- 20 of them. We met and exchanged war stories in Indy.
Hes the only guy who lectures that has less hair than me...LOL and he earned it.
Good to hear from you Danny.

S

saltydoc

Reaction score
This sounds like a tool I would use. I would recommend you add a laser guide to show where the access will be drilled (showing any interference with the facial or incisal surfaces). I know that the drill bit would show the way, but I like lasers.
I processed my first hybrid this week (on my own and having never seen it done before) and access holes were one of my problems. The first problem occurred during the wax-up stage when the teeth and wax need to be drilled out in order to remove the unit from the model. Second, maintaining the access chamber during processing. I would buy any tool that would help with these problems.

Top Bottom