inEos Blue?

joonya

joonya

Reaction score
Anyone upgrade to the new inLab inEos Blue? Trying to decide if it's worth the investment. We have the "redcam" inEos now and we're not really having any problems that seem to warrant that kind of pricetag, but we were wondering if anyone had experienced other benefits that make it a worthwhile ventre. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
If you live in the NC area, check with Sirona, they are having a free Summit at corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC Mar 18,19 for selected labs....

joonya

joonya

Reaction score
I'm in Ohio, so that's a bit of a drive to look at a scanner:)

I checked it out somewhat in Chicago a few weeks ago, but I wanted to know if anyone's had a chance to real-world-test one and the software that comes with it. My understanding is that it (the scanner itself) will output STL files, and that with the new PC/software it will allow you to use the 3shape scanner with the system as well. They also seem to have switched to a manual chuck on the new MCXLs.

Borgeson

Borgeson

Reaction score
I am using the inEos Bluecam and it's an upgrade to the original inEos, a lot more functional, you have a rotational axis that can be ajusted by whatever degree you would like, also the automatic scan/correlation (all you do is move the model and as you stop the model, the picture is taken) plus with the bluecam and the new software, the scanner will be able to convert files to STL formats. All-in-all a pretty big upgrade to the original.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
More about the stl files please.

When?

How much? (new dongle of cour$e, right?)

Do you have to send it through Infinident to get it converted?
or, does your computer have the option to save and export in different
formats? (CDT, DSI, STL)

My 3D Systems printer can accept your encypted .dsi file for printing.
I think you guys need a new dongle for that feature. Used for exporting to printers. My end is ready.....been waiting fo4 Sirona and Patterson to hurry up and distribute these things.

Scott

ai41.tinypic.com_2hg4r9k.jpg
ai41.tinypic.com_2hg4r9k.jpg

Last edited:
Borgeson

Borgeson

Reaction score
Not sure of the exact details as of yet, the Bluecam just came out and Sirona has not filled in all the blanks regarding the STL format, but the STL will be converted within the PC and won't have to go to infinitent. From what I understand, you scan the image and then save as STL and you send it to whichever system you would like (printer, another milling unit etc). On the flip side anyone can send to you an STL file and you would be able to design/mill for the sender, Opens doors both ways. Regarding the dongle, I do not know as of yet, from rumours that I have heard, if you already have a unlimited dongle you will be ok. If you are just buying the inEos Blue so you can scan and then subcontract your work then I will assume that a dongle of some sort will be required. More to come on the Bluecam within the next month or so. As far as cost is concerned, I am in the United Kingdom and I am not sure what the Sirona system costs there. UK prices are approx £16,000 (roughly $24,000). Again, some of this is rumours/hearsay, Sirona should be making more information available soon.

Larry

K

kalimniosdentallab

Reaction score
How much is the upgrade cost from the InEos to the InEos Blue? Does anyone have any more info on this unit?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I was told my a friend with a inlab, no trade-ins to up grade to the Bluecam .

K

kalimniosdentallab

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to talk with a rep. If that is true, I very much doubt that they are going to be selling many of these to labs that already have inlabs.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Ineos scanning unit for cerec

i have ineos and just came back from that meeting at sirona Mar 19th...The Ineos Blue is awesome..much easier and faster than what i have now.. however there are no trade-ins now and if you are going to upgrade you need to make sure your computer is compatible with the graphics and processing speed that the ineos blue gives you with your images..as far as the open architecture of the files i am yet to get a solid answer from the people at sirona..I want to upgrade but no really necessary now considering my cerec system isn't paid off yet..but if anyone upgrades or finds out about the open files to other labs keep us updated

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
i have ineos and just came back from that meeting at sirona Mar 19th...The Ineos Blue is awesome..much easier and faster than what i have now.. however there are no trade-ins now and if you are going to upgrade you need to make sure your computer is compatible with the graphics and processing speed that the ineos blue gives you with your images..as far as the open architecture of the files i am yet to get a solid answer from the people at sirona..I want to upgrade but no really necessary now considering my cerec system isn't paid off yet..but if anyone upgrades or finds out about the open files to other labs keep us updated

No credit towards upgrades or trade in's?? Major mistake by Sirona and Patterson. Especially when folks are already 100 grand into them for their system then they give you no equity on a trade? I don't understand. They have been saying for 2 years their Cerec Connect porthole was going to change dentistry and it still isnt off the ground. Meanwhile open architecture systems like 3Shape and Dentalwings is eating their lunch.

joonya

joonya

Reaction score
No trade in. STL is great, but a lot of the software out there is not necessarily compatible with the Blue. 3Shape's software, for example, won't work with the inEos scanner (I was told by Diadem) because it is designed for the 3Shape scanners. I was hoping to get the Blue so that I could not only upgrade my inLab system, but also have an open-arc scanner to potentially use to create partial framework designs via 3Shape or Sensable software... and at $20K, that's a lot less than the D710 from 3Shape. I'll admit I don't know everything about every system, so If anyone happens to know a way to accomplish this goal, please feel free to share:)

T

TRH

Reaction score
inEos Blue answers

Good evening. Here are the answers to your questions regarding the inEos Blue:
1) Joonya- The inEos Blue is out and being used in labs today- email me and I will give you some references to call, definitely worth the investment. (We have switched to the manual chuck on the new MCXL, this is a user upgrade if you choose to, please contact your local Patterson Branch for costs)

2) ***- STL export is available now through the inEos Blue scanner which means that you can export an STL Scan with the inEos Blue and no there is not a Dongle cost for this export. The inEos Blue will export the STL scan only (meaning that it will export just the scan and the other system has to be able to import the STL scan no software design export simply the scan exported). No, you do not have to send the scan to infiniDent this is saved and exported through the computer as an STL. STL file only for the scan. We will have the 3D system export Unlimited Dongle available in April/May time line for a cost, this will enable you to send your Scan and CAD design to your 3D systems printer.

3) kalimniosdentallab- Please email me for the cost of the inEos Blue

4) charles007- That is correct no trade up's.

5) kalimniosdentallab- We are actually behind on orders currently, so yes inLab owners are purchasing the new inEos Blue.

6) a3dl- The inEos Blue and Computer are sold together- no other option. The new inEos Blue runs off of a more sophisticated updated computer requiring 64 bit where as the inEos red is 32 bit. As described above in # 2 we are selectively open, able to export STL Scans. We are opening to 3Shape scanners now, we will have a dongle available which enables the inLab system to import a scan only from the 3Shape scanner, this will be available April/May time line also.

7) sixonice- Please understand that we are also selectively open and our price point on the inEos Blue is $6000 less then the nearest competitor. We have in the past offered trade ups on our milling units, again these are at a different price point. You are more then welcome to contact me and make arrangements for a tour of infiniDent to see CEREC Connect in full operation.

8) joonya- this is correct only the 3Shape scan can be imported into the inLab system, not the CAD.

9) Thanks- please contact me if you have any other questions.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
3 Shape - Designing partials

As I understand, the next software upgrade in the summer will enable the 3Shape to scan and design frameworks for partial chromes. What I am not sure of is whether it will be an automatic upgrade or an additional cost module.

Colin

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good evening. Here are the answers to your questions regarding the inEos Blue:
1) Joonya- The inEos Blue is out and being used in labs today- email me and I will give you some references to call, definitely worth the investment. (We have switched to the manual chuck on the new MCXL, this is a user upgrade if you choose to, please contact your local Patterson Branch for costs)

2) ***- STL export is available now through the inEos Blue scanner which means that you can export an STL Scan with the inEos Blue and no there is not a Dongle cost for this export. The inEos Blue will export the STL scan only (meaning that it will export just the scan and the other system has to be able to import the STL scan no software design export simply the scan exported). No, you do not have to send the scan to infiniDent this is saved and exported through the computer as an STL. STL file only for the scan. We will have the 3D system export Unlimited Dongle available in April/May time line for a cost, this will enable you to send your Scan and CAD design to your 3D systems printer.

3) kalimniosdentallab- Please email me for the cost of the inEos Blue

4) charles007- That is correct no trade up's.

5) kalimniosdentallab- We are actually behind on orders currently, so yes inLab owners are purchasing the new inEos Blue.

6) a3dl- The inEos Blue and Computer are sold together- no other option. The new inEos Blue runs off of a more sophisticated updated computer requiring 64 bit where as the inEos red is 32 bit. As described above in # 2 we are selectively open, able to export STL Scans. We are opening to 3Shape scanners now, we will have a dongle available which enables the inLab system to import a scan only from the 3Shape scanner, this will be available April/May time line also.

7) sixonice- Please understand that we are also selectively open and our price point on the inEos Blue is $6000 less then the nearest competitor. We have in the past offered trade ups on our milling units, again these are at a different price point. You are more then welcome to contact me and make arrangements for a tour of infiniDent to see CEREC Connect in full operation.

8) joonya- this is correct only the 3Shape scan can be imported into the inLab system, not the CAD.

9) Thanks- please contact me if you have any other questions.

Patterson and Sirona are doing an absolutly terrible job of telling Cerec customers information on the Blue scanner/.stl export (currently worth nothing)/ and the .dsi export to 3D Systems printers.

I have people calling me evryday with incorrect info from Patterson/Infinident/Sirona. Where is this mysterious dongle to export to a printer??

I have .stl from a blue scanner, and it is the worst scan I've ever seen! What a piece of chit!!!

Here it is......take a look at the absolutly horrible resolution....I got 10x better resolution with a $2995 scanner.
Good luck trying to get closed margins. I'm not too sure I even want to mess around in this arena.:confused:

ai47.tinypic.com_ipry1z.jpg
ai47.tinypic.com_ipry1z.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
this is exactly what i thought would be the case!

I have been going nuts with our inlab system with ineos red + MCXL for the past 18 months because of the quality of the fits.

I appreciate that some of it is due to limitations of bur size which is inherent in any milling unit, but im sure alot of my issues are due to the scan quality of the ineos red.

If this is how poor the blue is then i cant even imagine what the red detail is like!

thanks for the update, very intresting stuff.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
3m scan...the best there is on the market on capturing data.

3Shape is next, then Dental Wings.....

Check out the difference in data points and number of triangles.

Why do you guys need a 64bit OS with such little data??

ai45.tinypic.com_wirfgo.jpg
ai45.tinypic.com_wirfgo.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
why on earth are sirona persistent on trying to use interoral scanning tech for labs when these other scan technologies appear far superior!?!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Someone should sue this company for claiming such bogus accuracy. This equipment has no place in the medical world. :rolleyes: Impossible to meet the requirements for Dentistry with such poor data.

If I'm wrong, then someone at Sirona send me a stl file with data points closer to 25micron spacing. That's what Dentistry in the US needs. (at a minimum!)

We are getting around 4 microns with a 3M scanner and are still using a 32bit OS. One single permolar (stl file) from a 3M scanner is around 6-7000KB. Now go look at the size files of your systems output. Bummer, huh?

Why the heck would someone buy this to export to another system is beyond me, but I'm sure Patterson will find a way to sucker some of you into buying. I'm very sorry.

Last edited: