Implants with Sirona InLab?

Yoda

Yoda

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is anybody doing implants with the InLab yet?
I've loaded the implant software from Sirona's website and when I go to design the "Implant type" box have no options?

Any solutions?

Thanks

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
is that the galileos software?

Yoda

Yoda

Reaction score
No,
It's inLab 3D for Abutments V3.65 plus the 2 software material packs.

I managed to get all the parts to scan and mill one, from Germany.(more than 6 months ago)

You are supposed to be able to make Custom abutments called TiBase for a select few implant systems. But no go yet.:(

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Had no idea there was a software version for abutments... is it avaialble for public download?

What I found strange though, was that when I had the German version of 3.83, the option for implants was there, but not in the English versions.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yeah weve had this in the UK for ages now, took a while to get FDA approval for the states as i understand.

They have extended the range recently and now cover a fair few systems and implant sizes.

Sadly the Ti bases and blocks are not kept in stock in the UK which means there is a long lead time when you require them. This has been one of the factors why we havnt done any.

Secondly the idea hasnt gone down that great with out clients as they are not keen on intorducing a further failure point into the equation over a 1 peice abutment, which is a fair concern.

Im sure it we offered them at the right price there would be take up but poor availablility of the components is preventing this for us in the UK.

Ive had a play around with it and it works, both in 3.65 and 3.8, the options are available in both and in english. Also just checked the 3.8 and its all there. Maybe you have a different version to us in the UK?

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Secondly the idea hasnt gone down that great with out clients as they are not keen on intorducing a further failure point into the equation over a 1 peice abutment, which is a fair concern.

Oh, as soon as they start doing a significant number of one piece implant abutments they will warm up to the idea. Especially with internal connections, the failure rate is astronomical.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
up until these new generation of 2 piece cad/cam abutments came out mark, they have all been 1 piece as you know.

So im a bit confused with what your saying there?, that all the abutments we have been working with for years have high failure rates? as thats not my experiance at all.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
up until these new generation of 2 piece cad/cam abutments came out mark, they have all been 1 piece as you know.

So im a bit confused with what your saying there?, that all the abutments we have been working with for years have high failure rates? as thats not my experiance at all.

I have only done a few dozen one piece ceramic abutments for Replace Select and Zimmer, and they nearly all failed after 2 years. They just cannot withstand off axis loading. Even Nobelbiocare never made them except for the Branemark system.

If they have been working for you, by all means carry on. Not in my lab though.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The Zi for the Nobel active is one of those that is causing some headaches for us. I suspect that the majority of the issues with this one piece Zi abutment is the operator error seating them. We provide a jig on everyone but sadly some clients think that can do better with their hands. If the internal hex doesn't line up perfect or they use the screw to pull the abutment in it will fracture. The units that I have seen fracture down the line I suspect that they had a micro fracture and it continued to propagate till it was catastrophic.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
ah OK i was thinking titanium 1 piece, not zi.

well thats good to know.

Even better still, the Straumann ips emax stock abutments. they recommend modifying these by grinding which is a disaster just waiting to happen, what a silly idea.

out of interest what is the maximum angle being suggested for 1 piece zi abutments?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
ah OK i was thinking titanium 1 piece, not zi.

well thats good to know.

Even better still, the Straumann ips emax stock abutments. they recommend modifying these by grinding which is a disaster just waiting to happen, what a silly idea.

out of interest what is the maximum angle being suggested for 1 piece zi abutments?

To my knowledge, the FDA has never approved an angled zirconia abutment at all, so I would say ZERO degrees. We have made hundreds and hundreds of custom two piece abutments and I would say about 10-15 would be about as far as we would go, and even then the software controls it, based on crown to root ratio and screw off set.

Top Bottom