Implants with Dental Wings

Care Dental Lab

Care Dental Lab

Reaction score
I have been using dental wings 3 series for the past two months and really like it, but haven't attempted implants yet. I have the module but I don't know where to get a kit (jigs) for each implant system. Is there a kit like the one for 3shape? I use Straumann and Nobel mostly. Anyone have experience with doing implants on Dental Wings?

Thanks
Steve

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
I have been using dental wings 3 series for the past two months and really like it, but haven't attempted implants yet. I have the module but I don't know where to get a kit (jigs) for each implant system. Is there a kit like the one for 3shape? I use Straumann and Nobel mostly. Anyone have experience with doing implants on Dental Wings?

Thanks
Steve

Steve, I think you can order it thru Zahn-
Astra - tech also carries it the cost from them is $ 1200

we have the dental wings 5 series, we have not gotten into implants _ yet

Care Dental Lab

Care Dental Lab

Reaction score
I couldn't find one from Zahn, and not sure if I order the one from Astra Tech -FLO, if I will be able to send it to any milling centre, I'm in Canada so it is a faster turn around if milled here. Thanks, I will let you know how the implants go if I get to it.

E

eddopak

Reaction score
Hey Steve,Call CMC they sell the implant jig's for $35 each.

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
Simbiosi has a real nice solution which is 100% compatible with DW (Simbiosi) and they have libraries for the implant manufacturers that you have mentioned. The outstanding feature of the jigs from Simbiosi is the quality of the STL mathematics which brings accuracy to your frameworks and individualized abutments.

DW is working very fine for implants, for ex. you can back-up your scans for future needs. Easy to learn, easy to use...

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I was trained by an Atlantis tech to use our 3 series DWOS to make custom abutments. It was very simple. Luckily, they gave it to us for free because we did the beta-testing. It takes about 21 mins to scan for a single abutment. Only an extra couple of mins for additional abutments on a case. It costs 1200$ for the kit. Your abutment price drops by $10 and the shipping goes from $19.50 to $9.25. The turnaround time is much faster also. I have gotten Ti abutments back in less than 48 hours after scanning them.

One tip I picked up:

They say to use a rubber band when you are scanning the occlusal key. Get a cheap glue gun. The rubber band has a tendency to open up the bites. A couple of small dots a glue keeps the models in occlusions and is easily removed.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I was trained by an Atlantis tech to use our 3 series DWOS to make custom abutments. It was very simple. Luckily, they gave it to us for free because we did the beta-testing. It takes about 21 mins to scan for a single abutment. Only an extra couple of mins for additional abutments on a case. It costs 1200$ for the kit. Your abutment price drops by $10 and the shipping goes from $19.50 to $9.25. The turnaround time is much faster also. I have gotten Ti abutments back in less than 48 hours after scanning them.

One tip I picked up:

They say to use a rubber band when you are scanning the occlusal key. Get a cheap glue gun. The rubber band has a tendency to open up the bites. A couple of small dots a glue keeps the models in occlusions and is easily removed.

21 minutes to scan for an abutment!? 1200 dollars for the kit?! You Dental Wings users are getting straight up robbed. Trade that thing in for a 3Shape.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Well said YMS96,
3shape is about a 6 minute scan followed by a 4 minute (max) design.

C

Caver

Reaction score
Check the Glidwell abutment scan kit. $725

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I didn't pick out the scanner. I just get to go to battle with the soldiers I have. :)

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
Astra Atlantis kit price is more or less globally same, European price is around 1200-1500 EUR I guess. But, with Atlantis you just make the scan and send it to Atlantis system, there is no need to make the design. But, I am suprised by the 21 minutes? Normally it is no longer than 5 minutes (with Simbiosi locators) and you can save your scan data during the scanning process.

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I scanned 22 abutments this month with the DWOS 3 series for Atlantis. I don't see how you can get the time under 20 mins. I would estimate about 15 minutes of that time is waiting for a scan to finish. During that time I have been waxing e.Max or reading these forums. I will put a stop watch on the actual down time next time I scan.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
I do Atlantis abutments with Lava ST scanner.....about 7 mins total from entering case info, scanning the parts, to sending file, not too bad.

anil patel

anil patel

Reaction score
hello friend ,i have dental wings scanner ,and i am finding impland kits,please sugest me which is the best for dental wings scanner,

anil

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I put a stopwatch on a scan I did today for a single Atlantis abutment with our 3 series DWOS. There was 11:36 of down time where I could do nothing but wait for the scanner to finish one of the scans. The total scan time was 20 mins and change.

C

CMC_Tommy

Reaction score
Hi, I checked with the CDTs here at CMC and they said they are doing implants in about 7-10 minutes with the 5S Scanner from Dental Wings.

As for as the implant kits go, you have to get with your milling center. We do supply the kits to our customers who send to CMC.

We recently purchased a new milling machine for our Titanium abutments and have reduced the time to 3 days in shop for turn-around times, however if there is a rush case we could knock that down to 2 days.

For up in Canada, we have a couple of labs up there. Currently it is taking two days to ship because of customs.

anil patel

anil patel

Reaction score
hi everyone i have 5srsies dental wings scanner.i am seaching implant abutment kit,so give me name of implant liebrery kit,

anil

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Astratech sells an abutment flo kit for 1200$ with in lab training.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Their phone number is 1-800-531-3481. Website is astratech.com.

Top Bottom