Implant case

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 1.1 titanium abutment case. The dentist wants E-max...I am assuming I have to press out of HO to block out the metal...Is this what I should use, then layer my porcelain on top?

Thanks
Pgguy

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
chit, I'll make a Zirconia abutment for ya!

Any colour you like!

Even gigival bottom with mix of colours on top.

Then press a regular eMax.

Let me know if opaquing titanium works? Spray paint?

S

SSDS

Reaction score
I would not use emax over titanium. *** has best advise, you determine what material to use not the Dentist.
Jim

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
I would not use emax over titanium. *** has best advise, you determine what material to use not the Dentist.
Jim

I pick the material for outside accounts. Unfortunately I work at an in-house lab, and my boss through this one at me. I would of suggested a zirconium abutment, the platform was even too small for the case ?!? Dentists.

I googled this and it's cool to use HO over titanium to mask the metal...gonna try'er out

scroll down a bit...
IPS e.max - Belldent Dentallabratoriet ApS

S

SSDS

Reaction score
It's not the masking of titanium I am worried about, it is the fracturing, a lab owner I know has had failure of emax over titanium as well as emax over zirconia but no failures of emax pressed to zirconia. It could be his technique that may be causing failures but I have to take him at his word as he is a fairly reputable lab
Jim

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Or bond it to the abutment...

Get a titanium porcelain entrance kit.. like from GC... opaque and put a thin layer or porcelain, make the crown, etch both, and bond it on...

only problem is if it does break.. its harder to get off... or maybe impossible.. haha

just an option, even if its the longest way 'round...