Imetric vs 3shape

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Has anyone used or heard of imetric scanner w/exocad software

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Yep. But I don't use it from C&B. Just implant stuff. Use 3Shape mostly.

And Yes?:D
If you don't mind me asking why you choose 3shape over imetric? Ease of use , more familiar with 3shape or is it a superior scanner? I'm in the process of deciding between the two. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm going to be using mainly for c&b and implants. Thank you! Sorry so long.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking why you choose 3shape over imetric? Ease of use , more familiar with 3shape or is it a superior scanner? I'm in the process of deciding between the two. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm going to be using mainly for c&b and implants. Thank you! Sorry so long.

Your questions are vague, but to answer your question, if I were doing C&B and implants alone, I would use 3Shape. Both Exocad systems and 3Shape have pretty good scanners, so that's really a mute point. I like the user interface of 3Shape better personally. Just flows better.

QUOTE="2thm8kr, post: 244260, member: 1367"]He doesn't pay the license fees.[/QUOTE]

So you bring me in here to bring me down? Thanks!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You guys in Florida take everything so seriously! Haha. I take nothing in here seriously...sometimes.
I called you in because I knew you give an honest opinion.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
They wonder in Alabama why the ring for the finger is so big.

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Your questions are vague, but to answer your question, if I were doing C&B and implants alone, I would use 3Shape. Both Exocad systems and 3Shape have pretty good scanners, so that's really a mute point. I like the user interface of 3Shape better personally. Just flows better.

QUOTE="2thm8kr, post: 244260, member: 1367"]He doesn't pay the license fees.

So you bring me in here to bring me down? Thanks![/QUOTE]
Thank you !! Wasn't trying to be vague just didn't want to take up your time. And to be honest all the fees that come with 3shape are detouring. Am I understanding rite there is also a fee to receive iOS files. I am a two person lab so coast is a factor for me. Thanks again for any input.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'd choose imetric ... with 3shape you're pretty much marrying to it, just think of resale and hardware upgrades

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Which imetric they have now 4 versions out

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
So you bring me in here to bring me down? Thanks!
Thank you !! Wasn't trying to be vague just didn't want to take up your time. And to be honest all the fees that come with 3shape are detouring. Am I understanding rite there is also a fee to receive iOS files. I am a two person lab so coast is a factor for me. Thanks again for any input.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you had your mind made up already. Lol.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I rarely answer my phone, it rings all day. Texts on the other hand are replied to promptly....most times.

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Thank you !! Wasn't trying to be vague just didn't want to take up your time. And to be honest all the fees that come with 3shape are detouring. Am I understanding rite there is also a fee to receive iOS files. I am a two person lab so coast is a factor for me. Thanks again for any input.

Sounds like you had your mind made up already. Lol.[/QUOTE]
Well kind of. But I always value other piers input and was just making sure I'm not overlooking anything. However nothing is set in stone. Ha ha. Bad humor there

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Imetric and Stienbechloer scanners are very precise.