zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What about Ivoclar or Core3D ?

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
People on Facebook group seem pretty pleased with henry. There is a vote for 3dbiocad and for LED out of georgia.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Anybody using CrossManager for trios STL export?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i hate that junk program

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Well, Trios STL export quoted at $1500 per year. That's a lot

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you only need to have your provider request 3shape to enable stl scanning so you dont go through converting. dont let them tell you it costs anything because it doesnt. you want to enable stl scanning instead of dcm.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
you only need to have your provider request 3shape to enable stl scanning so you dont go through converting. dont let them tell you it costs anything because it doesnt. you want to enable stl scanning instead of dcm.

Unfortunately you're at the mercy of your reseller...if they don't budge you loose Dontknow

@patmo141: shot me a DCM, if I'm able to convert it you'll get a nice app for a beer ;)

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Dear Henry Schein rep, so I heard 3shape can just enable stl scanning. Thanks for trying to charge me 1500 for it Dontknow

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Dear Henry Schein rep, so I heard 3shape can just enable stl scanning. Thanks for trying to charge me 1500 for it Dontknow

That's not true. 3Shape requires the STL output addon for TRIOS and it's certainly not free.

You can turn on STL output on 3Shape Lab scanners for no cost, that might be where someone could be confused.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
my mistake, then.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Man, you drop so much knowledge and add so much to DLN you can do no wrong in my eyes! Adore
iH21B8X.gif

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
3Shape requires the STL output addon for TRIOS and it's certainly not free.

please elaborate on "requires" because my rep just took that off the order form.

-P

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
please elaborate on "requires" because my rep just took that off the order form.

-P

There are three ways to get STL files from a 3Shape TRIOS, other then of course .dcm conversion software which I know little about.
  • Doctor purchases the addon for his/her device its called "TRIOS Scan Export STL" item # 80241150 --- Dr can just directly output STL files from his/her device
  • Lab in-house or external purchases "TRIOS Inbox - Stand-alone" item # 80241120 --- Gives the lab a inbox and ability to review cases, this is what labs buy if they are using ExoCAD or DWOS.
  • Lab in-house or external has a 3Shape desktop scanner and software they can add "TRIOS Scan STL Export Option" item # 80241130 --- Simple, just enables a lab with a 3Shape to export out STL files from the doctors submitted cases
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
#4 Dr calls Rob @CadCrowns.ca to drop by with his Trios .

giphy.gif

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
There are three ways to get STL files from a 3Shape TRIOS, other then of course .dcm conversion software which I know little about.
  • Doctor purchases the addon for his/her device its called "TRIOS Scan Export STL" item # 80241150 --- Dr can just directly output STL files from his/her device
  • Lab in-house or external purchases "TRIOS Inbox - Stand-alone" item # 80241120 --- Gives the lab a inbox and ability to review cases, this is what labs buy if they are using ExoCAD or DWOS.
  • Lab in-house or external has a 3Shape desktop scanner and software they can add "TRIOS Scan STL Export Option" item # 80241130 --- Simple, just enables a lab with a 3Shape to export out STL files from the doctors submitted cases
I hope this helps.

Thanks Sam, I was worried i needed the STL export just to function. Which wouldn't make any sense, but....ya know, DONGLES can be weird some times.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Ok, my next topic is mirror care. The tips that came with it have some mottling to them. Ibe heard there are tips and tricks to maximize mirror quality and lifetime. Also is there a tip for trios pod that will accept exchangeable mirrors like the Trios 3. That would be cool.

-P 20160823_220800.jpg

Top Bottom