If you were redoing Your smile - What ceramic material and which technician?

Greg Lutke

Greg Lutke

Reaction score
For lab techs. If you were have your own smile enhanced or an anterior crown replacement, what current ceramic material would you select? Layered or full contour?
Also, which lab technician would you want creating your case?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I will be getting my mouth redone within the next year PFZ. If I can afford this man right here this is who I'd ask to do it for me. :Top:

No%20Mood.png

Al. Well-Known MemberFull Member

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I'd do full e.max and have it done by my boss 100%.

wearing an orthotic at night to protect the babies

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Doing it right now. Veneers #6-12 and Crown replacement #5. Full contour IPS e.max Multi.

Having it done by the only technician I trust, ME! :D

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
i recently had 2 crowns, #45 (29) and 36 (19) FCZ, i went to one of the dentists we placed a trios in his office. no impressions, no models, perfect contacts and occlusion. i couldnt chew on my right side and these really helped solve that problem.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Doing it right now. Veneers #6-12 and Crown replacement #5. Full contour IPS e.max Multi.

Having it done by the only technician I trust, ME! :D
*Android updates and this site*

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Product depends on your bite and bridges, etc. For me- emax multi unless contraindicated. Since I can't afford the top line of the "Restorations Du Jour" bunch, I'd do them myself!

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
I'm really surprised with the amount of Emax people. Don't you guys think that the stain on an Emax anterior will brush off after a few years?

I would do cutback PFZ with VM9... and I would do them myself! I chipped my centrals when I was a teenager and have always thought about crowning them. Wouldn't that be a great though? Restoring your own anterior teeth? Lol. You could always tell your dentists that you "put your money where your mouth is..." :D

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
So who would you ask for technical help from at Ivoclar?

If there were something I didn't know or figure out myself, I would either go to Jeff Smith or Ernie Dymond, although I would really feel comfortable with anyone there.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I'm really surprised with the amount of Emax people. Don't you guys think that the stain on an Emax anterior will brush off after a few years?

I would do cutback PFZ with VM9... and I would do them myself! I chipped my centrals when I was a teenager and have always thought about crowning them. Wouldn't that be a great though? Restoring your own anterior teeth? Lol. You could always tell your dentists that you "put your money where your mouth is..." :D

No, I have no worries on that. Sure the glaze and stain on any functional areas (occlusal contacts, lingual of Max anteriors, incisal edges of mandibular anteriors) will wear, but only where the teeth actually contact. Labial surfaces, grooves, axial walls have no real wear on them and any stain and glaze should last the life of the restoration, as long as it was done correctly in the first place.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If there were something I didn't know or figure out myself, I would either go to Jeff Smith or Ernie Dymond, although I would really feel comfortable with anyone there.
Any truth to the rumor that Ernie is the uncle to one of the Beasty Boys?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score

First crown I ever made from start to finish has been in my mouth 20 yrs.
Multi don't necessarily have to be stained, but it wouldn't worry me. Beside that, you still can do light cutback and build the labial and incisal if you so choose, without weakening the occlusal contact areas.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Check out the "does stain really wear off thread"

I've yet to find proof.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hygienist's and pumice can do a number on them. I redid a bunch of Empress veneers from another lab that had the stain polished off over time.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hygienist's and pumice can do a number on them. I redid a bunch of Empress veneers from another lab that had the stain polished off over time.

This is true, but any good hygienist should see the veneers or realize there is a crown in that spot and either choose a finer prophy paste or one without pumice for those areas. And they should be looking at the record which will tell them where the restorations are, if it is a full crown that was done by one of our master technicians out there.

Also, since the wear on most modern dental ceramics is the same as enamel or wears more than enamel, in those cases they will be wearing the natural dentition just as much as the modern ceramics.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Any truth to the rumor that Ernie is the uncle to one of the Beasty Boys?

Haven't heard that rumor, but I may have to ask when I get back in two weeks.

Top Bottom