IDS 2017 what to see

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi,

So IDS is next week and what are you guys looking to see in the CAM department. What companies and what milling machines?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
nothing - machine wise. It's all about the materials baby :) #ivoclar #emax2.0

Maybe a good ceramic printer.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Definitely stop by the Ivoclar Digital booth. I think it will be interesting for all areas of the lab or clinic.

Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
oh yeah new ivoclar mill :D cannot wait for this. Been waiting for it since the LAST Ivoclar formal dinner in Chicago....at that Art gallery with the small theater.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Cube x HS imes 350 i with polymerbeton frame , imes 350i robot cell , a lot hybrid manufacturing a lot printers and so on

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
given the spotty nature of imes support, i haven't been particularly fond of them of late. Although no one can have worse support than DMG / MORI SEKI

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So ceramic printer is news to me... what can be done with it?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
So ceramic printer is news to me... what can be done with it?

Was looking around on the FormLabs website today and they have a cartridge that prints a ceramic filled resin, that "looks and feels like ceramic" after printing. Then you process (bake?) it and becomes "true" ceramic.

Not quite ready for dental applications, but may be the way things will progress first.

https://formlabs.com/materials/form-x/

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Was looking around on the FormLabs website today and they have a cartridge that prints a ceramic filled resin, that "looks and feels like ceramic" after printing. Then you process (bake?) it and becomes "true" ceramic.

Not quite ready for dental applications, but may be the way things will progress first.

https://formlabs.com/materials/form-x/
Big bucks are pouring into that company and it won't be long before Uncle Hank welcomes them into the "family".

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
This is a nice "behind the scenes" tour of Formlabs:

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Now Bego is kicking off the second generation of their printers for 8 bucks maybe i pick up a first generation hybrid for 4 we see. Hope no one paid to much !!!!

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Found many new companies (new to me) and got a lot of new contacts as well. Now it is time to start sorting out the good and the bad. Probably will ask info about some of them...

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I like your avatar 2th, it shows the excessive waste that comes from each crown. Hopefully a printer will solve that.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I like your avatar 2th, it shows the excessive waste that comes from each crown. Hopefully a printer will solve that.
There's a lot of waste with subtractive manufacturing.

What has always chapped me arse about emax CAD is some of those blocks could have milled 2 crowns.
Closed systems suck.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What has always chapped me arse about emax CAD is some of those blocks could have milled 2 crowns.
Closed systems suck.
Have you tried to glue a shaft on the other end and try to cut two crowns out of one block ?
peb.png

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The end with out the mandrel has to be open. I also can't change anything in the CAM.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There's a lot of waste with subtractive manufacturing.

Closed systems suck.
nintchdbpict0000710871971-1.jpg

Top Bottom