Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom Scanners?

• Thread starter Nu Technologies
  • Start date

Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom

• Identica Blue

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Degree of Freedom

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Not standard. I'll compare scan times if you'd like.

K

Kelvin Tantono

Reaction score
+1 for identica blue . i am getting one too :)

T

Tom Rostron

Reaction score
Identica Hybrid is a faster, more accurate version of Identica Blue?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Identica Hybrid is a faster, more accurate version of Identica Blue?
Hybrid includes the 3 axis impression scanning arm, flexible multi die, color, a longer warranty and the fastest scanning speed.

-Glenn

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
images.jpeg Moving pics say more than words

M

Morave

Reaction score
View attachment 23796 Moving pics say more than words

Are you sure that's Hybrid in that video? Looks more like Blue, the arch scan takes just a bit over 30 seconds. There might be some settings affecting the scanning time, though. I had a chance to test Hybrid for one day and this is what I got:
(don't mind the mess on the table, it was an improvised working place :) )

The scanning time is just under 20 secs. Impressive, but in the end Blue isn't that much slower, believe me. When compared to DW which I had to deal with before...

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i must be really behind the curve here.....what exactly are you guys using impression scans for? Do you really consistently get enough cases with good impressions to scan?

The only real benefit i see to impressions scanning would be to do digital diagnostic waxups and printing the modified wax up out?

not trying to sound facetious, just trying to understand why this keeps coming up. (it'd be a whole different story if we could pick up the implant orientation/position from the impression scan or something like that)

Secondly is the Identica Hybrid the same price as the Freedom HD? Clearly the Identica Hybrid utilizes some better parts than the DOF. just curious on how they are priced out.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Clearly the Identica Hybrid utilizes some better parts than the DOF
Could you expound on 'better parts'? DOF is repairable in your lab without having to send to Korea or an auth service center for proprietary parts.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i'm gonna go on a whim and say the 1.3MP camera sensor has to have the algorithm/sensor to pick up different colors vs just white light. On top of that, didn't Glenn say a few months back that there may even be a CMOS sensor in there?

your point is simply saying you can "repair" it in-house, but for most labs i'm not even sure that's something that they really care about. I'm able to repair myself and I care only about if the company will give me a loaner while they repair it.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
i'm gonna go on a whim and say the 1.3MP camera sensor has to have the algorithm/sensor to pick up different colors vs just white light. On top of that, didn't Glenn say a few months back that there may even be a CMOS sensor in there?

your point is simply saying you can "repair" it in-house, but for most labs i'm not even sure that's something that they really care about. I'm able to repair myself and I care only about if the company will give me a loaner while they repair it.
Well eye, I would rather repair myself then pack and send my equipment out and wait someore for a loaner so that is huge for me. It's like Dell power supplies, you can't get one at the local repair shop for a quick fix due to wiring differences. Somehow the Dell proprietary part is better?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Well eye, I would rather repair myself then pack and send my equipment out and wait someore for a loaner so that is huge for me. It's like Dell power supplies, you can't get one at the local repair shop for a quick fix due to wiring differences. Somehow the Dell proprietary part is better?

A Medit replacement scanner is dispatched from our California service depot the day a problem is confirmed. You would receive a working scanner in the same amount of time it would take to get a replacement part.

If your vendor is sending you parts then you get to stop being a lab technician and become a repair technician. After stopping your lab work you would take apart your defective scanner, replace the part, reassemble the scanner and hope everything was done correctly. If not, you get to do more diagnostics with your vendor and have them ship you more parts.

Medit does not put the repair burden on their customers. We hot swap a scanner so our customers can stay in production.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It's is not a nuclear reactor.
I repair ALL of my own equipment and I have done so since I have been in the business. Packing up equipment to make a safe
journey through all of the shipping carriers would take just as much time as the repair itself.
I don't find it a burden to do repairs, send me the parts and let me do myself.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Glenn:
  1. Fed-Ex arrives with new Medit scanner
  2. Unpack new scanner, place into production
  3. Pack old scanner in replacement scanner box
  4. Apply label and ship
2th:
  1. Fed-Ex arrives with replacement parts
  2. Disassemble product
  3. Replace parts
  4. Reassemble product
  5. Test
  6. If good: place product back into production
  7. If not good: contact vendor for more help

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Glenn:
  1. Fed-Ex arrives with new Medit scanner
  2. Unpack new scanner, place into production
  3. Pack old scanner in replacement scanner box
  4. Apply label and ship
2th:
  1. Fed-Ex arrives with replacement parts
  2. Disassemble product
  3. Replace parts
  4. Reassemble product
  5. Test
  6. If good: place product back into production
  7. If not good: contact vendor for more help
2th:

6. worked perfectly
7. learned more about his equipment and how it works
8. Not enslaved to a vendor
9. happy as a clam
10. gets off work earlier to go fishing and have beer :)