Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom Scanners?

• Thread starter Nu Technologies
  • Start date

Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom

• Identica Blue

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Degree of Freedom

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Still no one with DOF HD scanner ( the latest version) hands on experience?

Bought last month the Roland dwx50 with CAP version Sum3d.
For the time being I'm using the 3shape d700 scanner, but my scanner contract is almost ending.
I'm not completely satisfied with several issues of the 3shape d700: scantime (rather slow),die matching (often no match),no possibility to scan an articulator, yearly fees and pricy add on modules ( including another yearly fee),scanning a modified abutment is not easy (even sprayed) and the price for a new 3shape scanner (D900 L ) is rather steep in comparising with open scanners and software (Exocad).
The price in Europe for the DOF hd with Exocad basic 16.990 euro ex vat.
I'm not familiar with Exocad but want to give it a try and the Dof hd scanner looks innovative to me. So hands on experience is very welcome.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score

For the time being I'm using the 3shape d700 scanner, but my scanner contract is almost ending.
I'm not completely satisfied with several issues of the 3shape d700: scantime (rather slow),die matching (often no match),no possibility to scan an articulator, yearly fees and pricy add on modules ( including another yearly fee),scanning a modified abutment is not easy (even sprayed) and the price for a new 3shape scanner (D900 L ) is rather steep in comparising with open scanners and software (Exocad).
I'm not familiar with Exocad but want to give it a try and the Dof hd scanner looks innovative to me. So hands on experience is very welcome.
Contact DOF dealers in the states and work out a deal that includes the hd scanner when available. Use the older version now and contract the hd when available.
I have had no regrets with my DOF scanner.

Pete

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score

We are using a 3shape 700 , dof scanner and scanner from Zirkonzhan. Go for the new Dof I think it is Very Very good scanner.
What you will raly like is the fix plate it has . So the model only goes around in cicle and camers are taking care of all the movements. Plus the running cost of it is a big bonus. If need more info you can give me call.

D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Thank you Omar for your reply. What can you say about the d700 flaw's I did mention. Is the Dof scanner much quicker and better, and to be specific: scanning titanium abutments is a really hard thing to do with the 3shape D700 (even sprayed ones) does the Dof manage those scannings (much) better? Since you own both of them? One last thing, scanning the articulator, is't a real advantage (time saving and precision) or is it just a marketing thing?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Harmonylab

It's going to depend on your dealer of the DOF scanner. I know each company has it's payment terms/policies. I absolutely believe 50% on order and 50% before delivery or after delivery is the norm. I am positive you will be able to find a dealer that will have more favorable payment terms.
That's exactly how I paid.... 50% on order.. scanner was sent out 2 or 3 days later, and the other 50% mailed the day of shipment... I also think this is the norm.
Having to pay in full when the dealer doesn't even have one in stock and can't even say when they will have one in stock is foolish, and that's the only way to look at it.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Cameras moving on an arm,...hmmmmm ,...so cool,...but I just don't think it's a good idea,...I really want to love it but a little voice is telling me trouble looms ahead. Cameras in a fixed position were opted for to maintain calibration over the long term. Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

How 'bout this one,...hmmmmm...

http://www.optimet.com/ds6000.php

C

charles007

Reaction score
I can understand the concern ... however look at the opposite side of things - large companies that purchase in bulk, and then when new products come out they continue to sell the old without updating customers on the new. By being smart about your stock, you can keep the new stuff available quickly. And yes, I keep low stock on hand (Although we weren't the company in question here) - I don't ask for full payment though up front. 50% on order, and remainder on delivery and after training.
PRAXIS,
Glad you posted your opinion so others want think it was your company, and some of us know the company not being mentioned out of respect.
I think the norm like you said is 50% on order and balance when shipped or delivered. I have paid in full on equipment on day of order and knowing the item will be shipped out the following day.

C

charles007

Reaction score
fyi... Don't own the Medit Blue or Freedom scanner, but I can tell you all the Medit Identico resellers are being trained to service the Blue scanners inhouse. Unfortunately the Medit Identico SE model like I have must be shipped back to Korea for repairs. I would ask if the Freedom is serviced in your country, or must be shipped off for weeks out of the country.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
fyi... Don't own the Medit Blue or Freedom scanner, but I can tell you all the Medit Identico resellers are being trained to service the Blue scanners inhouse. Unfortunately the Medit Identico SE model like I have must be shipped back to Korea for repairs. I would ask if the Freedom is serviced in your country, or must be shipped off for weeks out of the country.
Medit is currently working on repair here in the US ... however I surely don't (and didn't think that others) repair these in house. Sometimes we feel qualified, however the right people need to be fixing this stuff. We've had great success with these scanners, and Medit has been an excellent company to work with over the last couple years for us. I think we'll all be excited once they have the center here in the states though.

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
Thank you Omar for your reply. What can you say about the d700 flaw's I did mention. Is the Dof scanner much quicker and better, and to be specific: scanning titanium abutments is a really hard thing to do with the 3shape D700 (even sprayed ones) does the Dof manage those scannings (much) better? Since you own both of them? One last thing, scanning the articulator, is't a real advantage (time saving and precision) or is it just a marketing thing?
Dof is quicker compare to the 3shape. But you should not have a trouble scanning the abutment with 3 shape. It should work. We use the articulator scanning for the big cases and we have lot of cases in the artex so the size of the opening is very good. Then you dont have to worry about the hight of the models It is much better compared to 3shape. Pluse the DOF has fixed table. Meaning the model will stay still, no clay any more. There are 3 lab using them her and all of them are happy with the Scanner. Price wise it much better.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Come on owners Identica Blue!
Give a few words of assurance to one that is about to buy it ...
I am safe in my choice?;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Principefly, you're out of the U.S., but the guy I'm buying my DOF through (Chris Brown) assures me they are both excellent scanners with similar quality of build and data- he spent a significant amount of time this year analyzing both in an effort to know what to resell. At the moment he can sell me either, so there's little incentive for him to steer me one direction or the other. He did say the workflow on the Blue is a little more refined.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Principefly, your in good hands with Chris, I changed my Exocad support to Chris Brown several months ago and couldn't be more pleased. Just wish I had the Blue scanner...
Chris is one of the few leaders in our industry that has enormous amounts of knowledge on cad/cam systems and is out of the country this week learning more.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Principefly, your in good hands with Chris, I changed my Exocad support to Chris Brown several months ago and couldn't be more pleased. Just wish I had the Blue scanner...
Chris is one of the few leaders in our industry that has enormous amounts of knowledge on cad/cam systems and is out of the country this week learning more.
Hello Charles, I am sure that Chris is a really smart guy, as all of you will really speak well of him.
But unfortunately an ocean divides us ..:(
in all cases thanks for the advice;)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Woops, I got you and Gru posts mixed up posting and designing at the same time...,,, sorry.... lol

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Come on owners Identica Blue!
Give a few words of assurance to one that is about to buy it ...
I am safe in my choice?;)
Identica Blue owner here ..( Purchased from Chris Brown 15 months ago, most knowledgeable guy out there)
Excellent scanner....Solidly built , it's been a "workhorse" and very reliable. Couldn't be happier

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Identica Blue owner here ..( Purchased from Chris Brown 15 months ago, most knowledgeable guy out there)
Excellent scanner....Solidly built , it's been a "workhorse" and very reliable. Couldn't be happier
We're pretty good, too ;)

DrNK

DrNK

Reaction score
We bought Identica Blue 2015 model with Artex Jig and Table that holds articulator.
Nice and fast. But the Artex Jig has big luft (very inacurate). We tested all 5 pcs. All have luft.
This is production mistake. Medit could not exchange it for almost 2 month. But they promised exchange it.