I have Roland issue and need advice

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Thanks for all of you guys

Yesterday, I got call from Henry schein. The shipping was including loaner machine too. It is like 2 round trip. So $1000 shipping is not so crazy.

But I thought if machine is under warranty, then they are responsible for loaner machine shipping as well. I guess I overestimated their services.

CAP will charge me $199 a month for tech support service unless I purchase $1000 or more on materials on monthly bases.

If they can get me loaner right away, then I might just agree for shipping and all that. However, it is been 2 weeks without milling machine and it is hurting my business since

I have to outsource Zirconium from other lab.

I might fix it by myself or call someone to the lab if I have to pay $1400 (shipping for machine not under warranty) for shipping to get loaner.

It is funny I got a mail couple days ago from Roland about extended warranty. DWX-50 is $5619 for adding 1 more year. If purchase this warranty and have issue within a

year, then I am spending $6619 including shipping both loaner and my mill. Of course I would not spend any more money like parts and labor. But I feel it is smarter if I buy

brand new milling machine and use that money for down payment.

Anyway thanks for the all the replies

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
"if your too stupid to fix it you shouldn't have bought it. Rolands aren't real machines. Theyre just photo copier technology."

I miss that guy...

You know who Im talking about.;)

Kind of along the same name as mine? He was pretty entertaining :) With his daily dose of "abuse" :)

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for all of you guys

Yesterday, I got call from Henry schein. The shipping was including loaner machine too. It is like 2 round trip. So $1000 shipping is not so crazy.

But I thought if machine is under warranty, then they are responsible for loaner machine shipping as well. I guess I overestimated their services.

CAP will charge me $199 a month for tech support service unless I purchase $1000 or more on materials on monthly bases.

If they can get me loaner right away, then I might just agree for shipping and all that. However, it is been 2 weeks without milling machine and it is hurting my business since

I have to outsource Zirconium from other lab.

I might fix it by myself or call someone to the lab if I have to pay $1400 (shipping for machine not under warranty) for shipping to get loaner.

It is funny I got a mail couple days ago from Roland about extended warranty. DWX-50 is $5619 for adding 1 more year. If purchase this warranty and have issue within a

year, then I am spending $6619 including shipping both loaner and my mill. Of course I would not spend any more money like parts and labor. But I feel it is smarter if I buy

brand new milling machine and use that money for down payment.

Anyway thanks for the all the replies

Didn't they offer to mill and sinter from your stl file, your zirconia, at least at CMC? I know if my Mini mill goes down, I have free (I believe it's free)
milling and sintering of my zirconia at the WPT milling center until I would get my mill back.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
6 bucks for a year extended warranty not sure there are parts in a DWX 50 for 6 bucks . I was asked 3 bucks for 1 year extended warranty for a D 15

J

jy147147

Reaction score
The tech did not mention anything about mill and sinter from them. Recently, I found out that Ivoclar mill and sinter for free if machine is under warranty.

If i knew it, I would purchase milling machine from them. I am kind of disappointed from Henry Schein and CAP. I am not blame Roland, it is great machine.

I feel like I am not getting fair or good support and service from them compared what I paid for. I been ordering materials from Henry Schein only about 6 years. And order

zirconium and burs and shade liquid from CAP since I purchase milling machine. Not sure if it is because of they merged together?

J

jy147147

Reaction score
6 bucks for a year extended warranty not sure there are parts in a DWX 50 for 6 bucks . I was asked 3 bucks for 1 year extended warranty for a D 15

Extended warranty is $5619 exactly. this is what the letter says

And DWX-30 is $1995 and DWX-4 is $1795

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Lulz.

Joke
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Your Head

:cool:

I apologize if it seemed like I was laughing at you, your expense, vurban, I wasn't. I just thought it was funny and in line with another post.

It does seem that $5619. is a bit pricey for an extended warranty on what should be a solid mill like a Roland,
let alone the support you should be getting for that much $$ of a purchase?

After a person spends all that money on the initial purchase, then is asked, offered, to pay that much more for a extended warranty,
would be hard for me to pull the trigger on. Maybe the $1995. option for the DWX50 would give me pause to consider it.

Last edited:
R

rookiee

Reaction score
I don't get it, customer should pay one way shiping even the machine broke down by non customer fault? CRAZY!

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
90% of the time the failure is caused by the user, admittedly or not. I've flown 4 hours to spend 10 minutes fixing an "error" that was a dirty mill. It costs too much for that to be viable, they have to charge somewhere.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@James Babbi you may have missed the humor in user names post, but he was quoting a old banned member
here, and his sarcasm and "humor". Just so you know he (user) wasn't being disrespectful of anyone or Roland.

Sorry, Bob, I know you could've explained it yourself, if you wanted too ;)

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
90% of the time the failure is caused by the user, admittedly or not. I've flown 4 hours to spend 10 minutes fixing an "error" that was a dirty mill. It costs too much for that to be viable, they have to charge somewhere.
When I was at Roland we had a DWX customer with calibration problems. I was copied on his emails back and forth with support and it was not going well. I was on the road and realized the lab was only about 10 miles from my hotel so I contacted them to see if I could visit and help. When I talked to them I asked if the mill was clean since this is typically the reason it won't calibrate (zirconia dust on touch off points keeps the electrical circuit from closing during calibration). The lab owner swore up and down that the mill was clean.

I drove to the lab, walked up to the mill and the inside was coated with zirconia dust. There was no way it would calibrate with 2 mm's of dust on every horizontal surface!

I looked at the owner and said: "I thought you said the mill was clean!"
His response as he wiped the outside of the mill with a rag: "It's clean, it's clean!"

Sometimes it's the product and sometimes it's not.

J

jy147147

Reaction score
When I was at Roland we had a DWX customer with calibration problems. I was copied on his emails back and forth with support and it was not going well. I was on the road and realized the lab was only about 10 miles from my hotel so I contacted them to see if I could visit and help. When I talked to them I asked if the mill was clean since this is typically the reason it won't calibrate (zirconia dust on touch off points keeps the electrical circuit from closing during calibration). The lab owner swore up and down that the mill was clean.

I drove to the lab, walked up to the mill and the inside was coated with zirconia dust. There was no way it would calibrate with 2 mm's of dust on every horizontal surface!

I looked at the owner and said: "I thought you said the mill was clean!"
His response as he wiped the outside of the mill with a rag: "It's clean, it's clean!"

Sometimes it's the product and sometimes it's not.

I clean and calibrate every week and dust was not the issue.

and it ran less than 700 hours since April 2015 so I don't think I used that much

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
My comment was not a reference to your specific machine issue. Please let us know what the diagnosis is once the mill is repaired. I hope you are back up and running soon.
sWOq2-1491583813-3083-decades_items-550_4-14-17_car54.jpg

Last edited:
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
jy147147,

I looked at my old Roland support notes and the issue you described could be due to firmware and v-panel not being the same version. For example, v-panel could be v2.2 but the firmware on the mill is v1.1.

It sounds like you already sent the unit in for repair but make sure when it comes back that you have the most up to date firmware (v2.2) installed on the mill and v-panel (v2.2) on the computer you are connecting to the mill. You should also install the most recent driver for your version of Windows for good measure.

You can download all of the updates on the Roland DGA support page. You can check your installed v-panel and firmware versions in v-panel (the mill needs to be connected and turned on to view the current firmware version).

http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/rolanddga/productdetail.aspx?pm=dwx-50

Best regards,

-Glenn

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the following up my thread

I was ask for the what was the issue but they said "

I don’t have access to the repair log in Stoneham were the machine we repaired. The tech who did this repair is out on PTO."

Do not know until today what was the issue and the mill does not working good. I got the milling machine Friday last week and today it broke 2mm tool and grind clamp.

Now it is XY motor position is lost.

At this point I am very mad and will call CAP Monday morning and ask for the loner again and send my mill to them again. This is Crazy, I thought Roland is very reliable.

am I doing smoothing wrong?

Also I checked firmware and it is already 2.2

Last edited:
Top Bottom