How to calibrate Programat P100

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We have this Programat P100 clam oven that needs calibration...
The only manual I can find online is not written in english...
Just want to know how I am calibrating the oven...
Am I using the round blocks and measuring twice?
Maybe if you can find an english PDF for me. :)
I like my programat 5000, much easier and precise calibration...

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
It's the silver test! You need to call Ivoclar and get the silver calibrating tester. You get a bunch of silver rods, place them in a holder and run the test program, I believe it's p.99. If the silver rod melts all the way, your temp is to high. If it does nothing then to low. There should be some balls of melted silver on the rod, like they are trying to travel to the holder. If it looks like that then the temp is perfect. When adjusting the temperature only go up or down by a degree or two. If you want I have a P100 book, maybe i could copy this for you and email it. PM your email if you want. Hope this helps

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What Shane said. After calibrating you may need to still adjust the temperatures depending on
how old the muffle in that P100 is. After calibrating fire a tab of the clearest ceramic you have
on the first dentin bake according to the instructions of the ceramic manufacturer. Increase
you firing temp until it is as clear as the factory shade tab, or there about.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What Shane said. After calibrating you may need to still adjust the temperatures depending on
how old the muffle in that P100 is. After calibrating fire a tab of the clearest ceramic you have
on the first dentin bake according to the instructions of the ceramic manufacturer. Increase
you firing temp until it is as clear as the factory shade tab, or there about.

Why not just do the second part with porcelain and not bother with the silver test?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I do it to keep my porcelain programs from being 10-15 degrees C away from the factory firing
programs.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
It's the silver test! You need to call Ivoclar and get the silver calibrating tester. You get a bunch of silver rods, place them in a holder and run the test program, I believe it's p.99. If the silver rod melts all the way, your temp is to high. If it does nothing then to low. There should be some balls of melted silver on the rod, like they are trying to travel to the holder. If it looks like that then the temp is perfect. When adjusting the temperature only go up or down by a degree or two. If you want I have a P100 book, maybe i could copy this for you and email it. PM your email if you want. Hope this helps

Thanks, you dont have to scan anything for me. Ill get some silver rods and fiure it out...
Should be fine, again thanx

Last edited:
G

Gav

Reaction score
Make a pyramid out of your clear porcelain (I use Creation, so it would be UC or CLO). The corners need to be sharp on the pyramid so use a blade. Fire the sample, if it comes out cloudy, increase the temp. Keep doing this until the sample you fire comes out clear. Now keep doing it until the sample comes out with rounded corners. You now know what the right temp is when it comes out clear with sharp edges. Obviously the sample needs to be fresh every time, you don't keep putting the same piece in every time.

A

Amazeable

Reaction score
You wouldn't by chance still have that P100 manual? I have a P100 that I need to figure out some of the settings for. Thanks

A

Aurident Sung

Reaction score
Anybody know where can I find and download manual for P100 furnace ?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
hot tip for the silver test: Ivoclar is just using commercially-pure fine silver wire, 1mm diameter, for the test, any silver meeting that standard will work. so you can buy the kit once for the base/holders, and then buy 15 feet of fine silver wire from a jeweller's supply for, like, 40 bucks or something, and your lab will be set for the next decade or so.