How much do they charge for scanning service?

S

silscreen

Reaction score
Hi
I am new here.
I've been reading your post quite a while you guys were pretty informative.
I have question regarding charges they take for scanning one impression with 3 shape scanner.
Does anybody used other company's scanning service before?

Diadem Precision

Diadem Precision

Reaction score
Diadem Precision & 3Shape

3Shape does not do scanning or designing.
We - at Diadem Precision do that and also mill zirconia frameworks, full contour crowns and bridges from a pre-shaded material. The Roeders mill we use are exceptional at milling e.MAX also. The fits we get from these mills have a tolerance of +/- 5 microns. As for the charge for scan/design - it's $10 on top of the restoration price. Please contact me if you need more details.

Mitch

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
(subscribed)

I wanna see this impression die hole model scanning service. :wacko:

Funny replies so far.

Last edited:
Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Hi
I have question regarding charges they take for scanning one impression with 3 shape scanner.
QUOTE]

Is it impression of a die/s or a hole model?

A lab with a 3Shape scanner can scan either the impression of the plaster model cast from the impression - you will usually have to provide a sectioned model for crown and bridge work so the individual preps can be scanned as well as the full model

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Scanning impressions is NOT something I believe in. The way the light plays on the wispy thin margin areas and other areas of ranslucency/transparency, glare etc, all point to big trouble in my opinion.

If you want to scan impressions, I would suggest micro CT.