How do You test accurate fit of crowns ?

• Thread starter Jack_the_dentureman
  • Start date
Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Hi.
I always used sprays such as arti-spray from Bausch or Occlutec renfert or any similar.
But I got tired of the mess that these sprays do. Everything around my desk is blue or green or red depending on what color of spray i had.
In every corner of the desk

Now i want use contact color applied with a brush
something like Arti-spot, hope that will be cleaner.

So I started wondering how you provide accurate fit of Yur crowns ?

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Hi.
I always used sprays such as arti-spray from Bausch or Occlutec renfert or any similar.
But I got tired of the mess that these sprays do. Everything around my desk is blue or green or red depending on what color of spray i had.

I mark the die with red pencil, works great!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what on earth?!?!

proper waxing or milling procedures. period.
dont use sprays or marking things of any kind. never liked them. take your time making sure your wax, investing, etc is accurate and you shouldnt have a need to adjust on the inside much if at all. (even under 10x power microscope)

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
He posts them to phone polls, they aren't a mystery

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
by 3d printing of course

12814115_962770243778221_9041258710640361633_n.jpg

we turned these into curling trophies for a local dentist team last year.the rock fits inside the crown top, and the crown also fits on the top of the rock.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm kinda lost. How are you loosing accuracy of fit is what I can't get.
If you're scanning, you're setting the space programmatically. If you're hand waxing, you're painting die spacer on the die.

Are you seeing problems after milling/casting/pressing/printing and trying to do this to track them down?

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
if your talking your castings. Check your liquid to water ratio for your investment. more liquid less water makes it more loose.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
And in lab temperature changes from seasonal variances will cause a change as well. Tracked down a problem to an office storing their imp materials in a cabinet mounted to an exterior north facing wall. That one took a bit.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I just ask what products / methods you use when you need it
Hoping to learn something.
It is nice to see that you pay so much attention to the that you do not have to accurate fit the crown

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just ask what products / methods you use when you need it
Hoping to learn something.
It is nice to see that you pay so much attention to the that you do not have to accurate fit the crown
When hand waxing with paint on die spacer, you can see the spacer get abraded in the trouble spot if it catches, but usually it's expected if you're accustomed to the doc and his trouble with dexterity in preparing a tooth. Otherwise, a hand waxed crown/coping should be a slam dunk/home run/touchdown (pick your sport) on fit if your dip wax viscosity, temp, and technique are in tune with each other.

I can't speak to printed at all, nor too much about milled as all the ones I had in my hands came from Mahwah, NJ and seated firmly, but almost only on the margin and incisal/occlusal. And the implant company making them didn't care a great deal about that, but it's all we could get.

If you are having issues, give some details we can work with to help you.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Metal frameworks i use are SLM. And it fits well.
But earlier I used to milled and sometimes, in large bridges, i had to do small points.

I think to have the best fit, always worth checking.
There are sometimes points to improve

Top Bottom