Hoissen anyone?

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Has anyone seen FDA info on B@D ti bases? I bought some and their library but have not heard back from them on it.

pinkwilson

pinkwilson

Reaction score
I did a UCLA cast with one of their abutments. It turned out a lot better than I first thought. You have to call a sales rep to order anything, from what I understand. Have the DR purchase all the lab parts and he may change his mind.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Chinese saying: Nan2 De2 Hu2 Tu - literally means: it is difficult to be ignorant.
Life is easier to ignore or pretend not to notice. . .
LCM

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We offer Custom Ti mill Hiossen/Osstem regular and mini Hex?
$89 w/2 screws. Interested?
[email protected]

not really, we want to know on what mill so we know how good or crappy it is. Also can't sell on here - fastest way to get banned without sponsor title.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
not really, we want to know on what mill so we know how good or crappy it is. Also can't sell on here - fastest way to get banned without sponsor title.
Dang! thanks for the heads up. I would hate to get banned. Anyways is a great rotary mill specifically for single abutments.

L

Leal

Reaction score
You are correct sir,...however,...check this out (Thank God !!)

B and D now has properly fitting Ti bases with corresponding libraries for labs to make custom abutments for Hiossen (reg and mini)They are the only ones that I am aware of at the present time ( Scott I understand has been trying to do this as well so maybe he has them now too,..don't know). Anywho,..It's a cold weld interface which appears to jive with Astra however it has a unique 8 degree taper so if you try to substitute with the Astra which has an 11 degree taper your gonna think your fine but when the doc goes to the mouth with it, surprise!!!,.... it will insert but it will be way high in the mouth and the screw will not engage. Cutting the PEEK ( not the hex) off Hiossen's Temp abutment is an option if half azzing things is your forte but if you want to have a perfect fit and you have the software to create a proper custom abutment then you need to call B and D (Origin) They have the properly fitting Ti bases and will help you to install the library(free of course) so you can do them like a normal human would...Had to do several of these bastages uslng the "temp cut off" method before this option was available and my backside is still not over the chapping( Ouch!! );)

Sorry but the Hiossen / Osstem 4.0 4,5 and 5mm implants are conical connection (11º not 8º) + internal hex connection. I can show you the tech data if you need. Astra Aqua is 11º conical + double hex but they are not EXACTLY the same. Continue reading and you will understand why.
The reason why docs feel the "cold welding" is because the hex in the Hiossen is positioned a little bit deeper then the Astra (I don't know if it is a flaw or if it is a Osstem policy to not show that it is a Astra copy),so when you torque down a Astra abutment in an Astra implant you have the hexs in contact and you will have a + then 5 micron micro gap so absolutely nothing like cold weld. When you torque down a Astra abutment in a Hiossen implant you will have a micro gap between the hexs (a vertical one) and a brute force connection between both the abutment male cone and the implant female cone. This is a wonderful connection (Hiossen implant with astra abutments) because this abscense of microgap contributes to a close to no bone resorption state after some years, but one has to use it wisely. First of all the implant must be placed 1mm or more infraosseous by the surgeon and have adequate gingivae so that the lab tech can make a beautiful emergence profile. Second the implant impression transfer MUST be Osstem and the lab analog must be Osstem too. Only the CAD-CAM abutment or the Cr-Co UCLA or whatever abutment the lab tech will use must be Astra. This way I can asure you by a lot of experience with this type of implant (Osstem GSIII, TSIII and 3icon KISSES) that the screw will torque down as usual and the crown will not be way high in the mouth. Most of the times my lab tech takes me the pleasure to adjust the occlusion because most of the times it is plain perfect.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
We can successfully mill Hiossen.

We are charging $99 from file. If y'all want more information contact Tyler at Axis Dental Milling in LaGrange, GA

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Or you can just send them to me as well I have the B&D library and their Haas on order so y'all can send them to me and I can cut them for you.
wait....who is this? Tyler?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Sorry but the Hiossen / Osstem 4.0 4,5 and 5mm implants are conical connection (11º not 8º) + internal hex connection. I can show you the tech data if you need. Astra Aqua is 11º conical + double hex but they are not EXACTLY the same. Continue reading and you will understand why.
The reason why docs feel the "cold welding" is because the hex in the Hiossen is positioned a little bit deeper then the Astra (I don't know if it is a flaw or if it is a Osstem policy to not show that it is a Astra copy),so when you torque down a Astra abutment in an Astra implant you have the hexs in contact and you will have a + then 5 micron micro gap so absolutely nothing like cold weld. When you torque down a Astra abutment in a Hiossen implant you will have a micro gap between the hexs (a vertical one) and a brute force connection between both the abutment male cone and the implant female cone. This is a wonderful connection (Hiossen implant with astra abutments) because this abscense of microgap contributes to a close to no bone resorption state after some years, but one has to use it wisely. First of all the implant must be placed 1mm or more infraosseous by the surgeon and have adequate gingivae so that the lab tech can make a beautiful emergence profile. Second the implant impression transfer MUST be Osstem and the lab analog must be Osstem too. Only the CAD-CAM abutment or the Cr-Co UCLA or whatever abutment the lab tech will use must be Astra. This way I can asure you by a lot of experience with this type of implant (Osstem GSIII, TSIII and 3icon KISSES) that the screw will torque down as usual and the crown will not be way high in the mouth. Most of the times my lab tech takes me the pleasure to adjust the occlusion because most of the times it is plain perfect.

Sssooooooo. If doc supplies me with Hiossen analog and imp trans I'm good to go with astra and proceed as normal? Do you have any information (website, file documentation, research) I can go over?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Riley I can mill authentic Hiossen just send it my way.

L

Leal

Reaction score
Sssooooooo. If doc supplies me with Hiossen analog and imp trans I'm good to go with astra and proceed as normal? Do you have any information (website, file documentation, research) I can go over?
Correct.
I have the Osstem pdf that is supplied by the sales rep that states you have 11º conical connection.
I have a chinese (or korean? sorry, not sure) pdf that has the connection width, angle, etc.
About the research I can only talk about my experience.

D

dentalbudda

Reaction score
i tried an UCLA from ebay which is pretty good

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
And this is why I weep for my colleagues.