Hi, I need help with my 450i, please...

M

Maud450i

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I will try to explain my problem in english (I am french) I hope that everyone is going to understand it...
So, I have an Imes Icore 450i, I use to work pmma, zirconium and metal.
Since yesterday I have a big problem with my machine. When the program start, everything is normal until the machine need to change the milling cutter. Then something wrong happen!!
The spindle have to open to release the milling cutter to leave to take the other one. But the spindle doesn't release the first one, so it go to the 2nd one and destroy everything!!!
It happens 2 times, and I really don't know what to do...
Somedy's got an idea?
I just want to add, that I clean the machine after each work, and the air volume in the compressor is ok.
Everything is the same as usual, exept for the spindle "opening"...

Thanks for your help!

Maud

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it is possible there is some debris from metal milling stuck in your collet.

remove the collet and clean the interface. try again.

M

Maud450i

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply :)
I've already try, I remove everything, then clean, then retry...
I was doing a zirconium when it happen the 1st time.
I've clean everything, then start again and the job has been done.
But today, when I was doing a titanium bar, it happens again...

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I agree with Luke, pull your collet and service. Also verify your air pressure, the collet release is air contolled

M

Maud450i

Reaction score
thanks for your reply, I will do it again.
Our resealer told me to change the spindle. He told me that if the spindle took a knock, it's possible that the spring inside doesn't work well anymore...
I really don't think that's the problem...

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Your reseller drinks Maud450i you have a botton on your control pc to open and close the collet if a burr is easy to remove manually collet and spindle are ok if not clean and try again if you cant remove the burr easy after cleaning if the collet is open !!! either the collet or the spindle is "broken" rather the spindle !!
maybe you had to low air pressure to open the collet complete ( i think thats the reason) or the tool station 5 or 6 metal noses or the depth stop ring is not ok to click into the tool station and fix the tool while the spindel goes up. If everything looks ok change the tool via software but one hand on the emergency botton

M

Maud450i

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I've already done it manually and everything is ok, no problem like that!
I have change the tools too, and clean everything..
The air pressure is the same as usually (around 0.8) that's why I really don't understand...
Of course, like everybody, the first thing I thought was not ok was the air pressure, but it's the same.
I am really lost...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if the problem persists after doing maintenance, check that the air valves to open and close the collet are functioning properly.

if your air compressor does not provide adequately clean and dry air, the valve will be sticky due to hydrocarbons building up on the internal seal. your operator panel should have a button to engage and disengage the collet to close and open independent of the action of picking a tool from the cradle.

if that seems to work, you will need to call your machine reseller for support.

bon chances!

M

Maud450i

Reaction score
Thanks for your help ;-)

"if the problem persists after doing maintenance, check that the air valves to open and close the collet are functioning properly."
That's what I'd like to do today, but I really don't know which ones are the air valve!! Do you Know?

"if your air compressor does not provide adequately clean and dry air, the valve will be sticky due to hydrocarbons building up on the internal seal. your operator panel should have a button to engage and disengage the collet to close and open independent of the action of picking a tool from the cradle".
Yes and it works properly that's why I don't understand...
If someting was broken inside, it shouldn't work this way neither...
I'm going to call them but my problem right now is that I was in the middle of a bar milling and I must finish it!! :(:(

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
are you sure the tools are at the right position. change the tool holder or make him a bit smaller
additional you can try to change tool positioning and pick up other tools to see if its only the holder

Last edited:
M

Maud450i

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your help!!
I have talked to Imes Icore this morning and they find the solution!!
They told me that because the milling cutter at the position #1 was more solicitated than the others, there is like a very very small play and when the collet release the milling cutter, it's retained.
[I hope that you're understand my explanation, it's not easy to explain in english!!]
So, the technician guy change the position of milling cutter #1 in #9, and it works perfectly!!
So the problem only come from the piece which receive the milling cutter!!
My bar is now ready for my client...

Maybe it will help someone else... :)

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
salut Maud !
En position parking quand tu commandes manuellement la libération de l'outil présent dans la griffe ça le fait ou pas ?
Et si tu commandes manuellement un changement d'outil (ex déposer 1 et prendre 2) ça donne quoi ?

M

Maud450i

Reaction score
Bonjour Frenchcadman,
Ca y est, îmes icore nous a contacté et le problème est résolu...
Oui manuellement ça marchait, mais comme on avait un usinage de bar en cours, je ne pouvais pas effectuer d'autres opérations pour vérifier si ce problème n'était lie qu'à la position #1...
À priori, cela peut arriver, ils nous ont donc déplacer la #1 en #9 (et ils vont nous rappeler pour réinitialiser la position #1, qui aurait un peu bougé).
Aucun problème avec les autres changements d'outils, nous avons donc fini l'usinage de notre bar et livré le client!
Merci pour ton aide!! Tu es en France? Équipé comment? ...

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Heureux de connaître cette issue ! tu reviens quand tu veux même si tout va bien et que le ciel est dégagé !

J'ai une machine française installée en Bretagne (nobody's perfect … ) mais j'ai déja eu des pb de libération d'outils avec une griffe de serrage encrassée , d'où les conseils de mes confrères allemands et canadiens sur lesquels je n'avais rien à ajouter, d'ailleurs j'aurais grand plaisir à te les présenter ultérieurement , CHL maîtrise bien le français quand ils est motivé et à jeun car il est tombé dedans quand il était jeune ! rkm manque de training et oublie parfois le verbe et aussi le sujet , cadfan débute encore tout comme le 2thm8kr from Florida mais ils sont très motivées et ne déméritent pas un jour ils seront meilleurs que moi , j'ai bon espoir de les voir aboutir et triompher dans cette noble tâche qu'est l'apprentissage du français mais parfois j'ai du mal avec les autres membres pour des raisons que je n'explique pas !

Laugh

Bon vent et merci pour le retour d'incident !

;)

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Get them to calibrate your tool positions.

Top Bottom