Help!

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Looks like I've made a mess. I've done a lot of processing, but not a lot of full stone investing, always used putty around the teeth when I did ivobase or pour technique with colloid. I can't figure what I did wrong here. Clearly I'll be here the rest of the weekend grinding in some cej lines, but can anyone tell me wtf I did wrong? IMG_0193.JPG

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Whatever separator you used ( I'm guessing it didn't dry properly / used too much ) reacted and retarded the stone set :(,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But what do I know it's been 30 yrs since I made dentures , hope you got it sorted out :D

M

mptz

Reaction score
why not just use plaster why break your denture during using stone deflasking . jelly technique is crap. ivobase well what can I say 35 years making dentures to the profession and public. did you paint it on with a brush just guessing .

N

nickate

Reaction score
Air. Pt bit into TI and teeth just moved enough to break the waxup seal of teeth to pink wax. So slight you may not have noticed and invested as usual. If you go around and redefine cervicals after try in you could be breaking the seal of tooth/wax as well. Do I win?

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
why not just use plaster why break your denture during using stone deflasking . jelly technique is crap. ivobase well what can I say 35 years making dentures to the profession and public. did you paint it on with a brush just guessing .
Thank you for responding. Good point, I've heard that point before, use plaster not stone. Makes sense to me. I've also heard, been told, read books, seen videos, fallen asleep at seminars, that said use 50/50 stone/plaster. I'll be experimenting with both. HOWEVER, as far as this issue I'm having here,, This is directly after boilout, there's been no separator applied till this point other than a thin layer of Vaseline between the two pours during flashing.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Care to expand on jelly technique being crap? i ususally only get this response from guys/gals who havent used. Or who tried it but gave up after the first one didn't go perfect.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Air. Pt bit into TI and teeth just moved enough to break the waxup seal of teeth to pink wax. So slight you may not have noticed and invested as usual. If you go around and redefine cervicals after try in you could be breaking the seal of tooth/wax as well. Do I win?
That's definitely what I would've thought just glancing, But no. I rewaxed resealed this personally.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Whatever separator you used ( I'm guessing it didn't dry properly / used too much ) reacted and retarded the stone set :(,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But what do I know it's been 30 yrs since I made dentures , hope you got it sorted out :D
Thanks for looking, There's been no separator used, just thin layer of Vaseline to isolate the top and bottom pours during flasking

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Only thing, only possible thing I think it could be. Before I poured the top half of the flask, I took some mix on my finger and ran around all the teeth, why, cuz I thought I'd seen someone do it once (don't be a follower, it can be fraught w bs).

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. Good point, I've heard that point before, use plaster not stone. Makes sense to me. I've also heard, been told, read books, seen videos, fallen asleep at seminars, that said use 50/50 stone/plaster. I'll be experimenting with both. HOWEVER, as far as this issue I'm having here,, This is directly after boilout, there's been no separator applied till this point other than a thin layer of Vaseline between the two pours during flashing.
Was there any Vaseline on your fingers when you wiped the stone around the teeth?

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Was there any Vaseline on your fingers when you wiped the stone around the teeth?
Doris, Doris is the winner. That's got to be it. This is why I despise Vaseline in the lab, gets on everything if you're not ultra uber careful. Thanks you.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
All this for some dirty Vaseline laden fingers, Ok, amateur hour is over people, nothing more to see here. Move along, haha.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
That's the thing dude, I've had Vaseline issues in the past so I'm always really careful, but I'm sure Doris is rt, can't see any other explanation.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
That's the thing dude, I've had Vaseline issues in the past so I'm always really careful, but I'm sure Doris is rt, can't see any other explanation.
We used to use a product called 'Cold mould seal' although we all called it 'Comoseal' ,anyway it worked really well . Do they not use that any more ?

N

nickate

Reaction score
I looked closely again after vaseline was convicted. The rest of the flask where vaseline was applied sure dousn't look like that and it HAD to be there for the separation to occur.... Air. I am sticking with air. Absolutely air. I CAN SEE THE AIR VOID IN YOUR PICS but it is not startng around the teeth--- it is starting down in the vestibule area. Small one about 1:00 and a much larger oue about 2:00. Air. WWHhhhhhhh.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
You may very well be right man. I'm gonna keep at it till I've got it figured out.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Appreciate all the help all, as always

Top Bottom