Help with shade please

G

GarryB

Reaction score
esthet shade.jpg
Can someone help with this shade please?

Sorry about the poor pic but the shade tab says "Esthet X XW W-0 W". I'm not familiar with this guide as the Doc sent the tab with the case.

I have 3 bleach shade guides all out on "loan"......last I've seen of them no doubt but that's my fault for not remembering who "borrowed" them......anyway

Its obviously a bleach shade. Compared to my Vita guide its probably two shades lighter than B1 but the tab has a very translucent incisal.

I'm a bit pushed for time on this case

Many thanks guys.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Put them on your copier/scaner and scan them. you can at least compare the value to the B-1 tab you have.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Compare this tab with your...it might be a great time to tract down those shade guides. You have the perfect excuse.

Otherwise. Assuming this is a PFM, The color is greatly controlled by the opaque. Mix a bleach shade with the B1 opaque or go straight bleach then use B1 body porcelain to temper it. Once you lay out the opaque and first bake body porcelain, you can adjust the shade in a stain wash before the enamel layer.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Compare this tab with your...it might be a great time to tract down those shade guides. You have the perfect excuse.

Otherwise. Assuming this is a PFM, The color is greatly controlled by the opaque. Mix a bleach shade with the B1 opaque or go straight bleach then use B1 body porcelain to temper it. Once you lay out the opaque and first bake body porcelain, you can adjust the shade in a stain wash before the enamel layer.

Thanks for your reply and apologies but I should have said this is for two emax veneers.

I have pressed the veneers today with a BL4 ingot and tomorrow will see how they come out compared to the tab I have. Too dark and I will have to cut back and stain the substructure ready for layering.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 27743
Can someone help with this shade please?

Sorry about the poor pic but the shade tab says "Esthet X XW W-0 W". I'm not familiar with this guide as the Doc sent the tab with the case.

I have 3 bleach shade guides all out on "loan"......last I've seen of them no doubt but that's my fault for not remembering who "borrowed" them......anyway

Its obviously a bleach shade. Compared to my Vita guide its probably two shades lighter than B1 but the tab has a very translucent incisal.

I'm a bit pushed for time on this case

Many thanks guys.
Esthet-X is a Dentsply imprint, and I can only find reference to it being a composite for operatory use.

the XW, W-0, and W are most likely references to other shading systems like on the Portrait shade guide that has their spiffy P#'s on top, then the standard Vita Classic below.

Shofu's Ceramage and Vintage, among a few others that I'm not remembering, use a W-0 shade.
20160529_12335920150205_022124VintageShadeGuide.jpg

If you have a Ivoclar guide handy, it's not unlikely to be near an 010 I'm guessing.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and apologies but I should have said this is for two emax veneers.

I have pressed the veneers today with a BL4 ingot and tomorrow will see how they come out compared to the tab I have. Too dark and I will have to cut back and stain the substructure ready for layering.
It was me. This was posted in the Porcelain-Press folder. :oops:

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Esthet-X is a Dentsply imprint, and I can only find reference to it being a composite for operatory use.

the XW, W-0, and W are most likely references to other shading systems like on the Portrait shade guide that has their spiffy P#'s on top, then the standard Vita Classic below.

Shofu's Ceramage and Vintage, among a few others that I'm not remembering, use a W-0 shade.
20160529_12335920150205_022124VintageShadeGuide.jpg

If you have a Ivoclar guide handy, it's not unlikely to be near an 010 I'm guessing.

JMN, thanks for the heads up.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What are you trying to do? Your question is very vague.. If youre pressing it, hold it up to an ingot. If youre processing zirconia, then just fire it with no shade liquid. All bleach guides are lighter than B1, so that isnt really a comparable scale.