Help with ingot selection

L

labwoman

Reaction score
I have a question on e-max ingot choice. I am doing for lower anterior shade A2. They are going to be small. Should I use the A2 Lt or the A2 Ht. I would rather not cut back because they are small and need all the room I can get. Please advice.
Thanks

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I made this a new thread for you and hopefully you can get a answer. It got lost in all the recent posts being made.

What tooth numbers are you replacing?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I have a question on e-max ingot choice. I am doing for lower anterior shade A2. They are going to be small. Should I use the A2 Lt or the A2 Ht. I would rather not cut back because they are small and need all the room I can get. Please advice.
Thanks
Hi Labwoman, I would not use Ht. unless you are doing all 6. There is a good chance it will look like a root canal tooth. Even if the prep shade is very light Ht will pick up grey form the oral cavity shadow.

Lt on the other hand will probably come out too high in value, but most times that is acceptable.

I used to press and stain alot for lower ants but after seeing a few in the mouth I layer them.

What I do now is rather than cut back, I wax them just slightly short on the occ. and keep my facial contour flat. I wax my contacts in the core material.

Than I only layer a small amount on the incisal edge and add mesial and distal lobes and height of contour on the gin area in incisal porc. Filling out the areas I waxed flat.

It dosent take much incisal but it makes a big difference buy knocking down the high value.

This is an A2.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p2_2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p1_2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p_2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p2_2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p1_2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p_2.jpg

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Thanks

The HT ingots (full press stain and glaze) work best when your dealing with the bleach shades (BL1-BL4). As was stated before, because of their high translucency and nothing opaque underneath, low-value can be the result. I always like to "bump" my value when using HT ingots. For example if the script said A2, I would use BL3 HT and stain. Alot of it is learning as you go.
LT's are the "workhorse" ingot, either pressing and staining or pressing, cutting back and layering. As always, getting the stump or prep shade is very important when choosing ingots.

Top Bottom