Help with E4D/Planmill milling

C

Craig Pattison

Reaction score
Our Laboratory has recently acquired an older E4D mill after being told it will mill from STL files. We mostly mill Zirconium on a DWX-50 and use Dental Wings to design and scan. The mill seems to work fine and it came with a job server PC, my problem is I can't find any information on how to import the STL's into the E4D job server.I have seen video of the importing being done using E.MIll software but I can't find any information on it. Talking to Planmill/E4D is not going to happen, they want $6000 plus training before they help.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact me here or P.M thanks

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Our Laboratory has recently acquired an older E4D mill after being told it will mill from STL files. We mostly mill Zirconium on a DWX-50 and use Dental Wings to design and scan. The mill seems to work fine and it came with a job server PC, my problem is I can't find any information on how to import the STL's into the E4D job server.I have seen video of the importing being done using E.MIll software but I can't find any information on it. Talking to Planmill/E4D is not going to happen, they want $6000 plus training before they help.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact me here or P.M thanks

Transferring ownership of a machine and software....it is a bit of a sticky wicket. More so from a software licensing standpoint made more complicated with its close integration/embedding with the machine.

Being an old machine and CAD/CAM software distribution guy, I can see both points.

I assume this is the video you are referring to when you mention you saw a "video of the importing being done using E.MIll software".

In this video it mentions e.mill comes with PlanMill and PlanScan. This software (and license) should have been provided to you with the machine. If it has not you may indeed have a tough road to utilizing it via imported STL models.

This video also show a "Job Supplier" icon on the Windows Desktop do you have that icon? If not you could use the Windows Start Bar to search for "Job Supplier" to see if it finds an executable. It may not as it could be a DLL made to run inside of PlanMill or PlanScan. It may also require a separate software license key.

The same search could be made for e.mill. It is a stretch but it may lead you somewhere as it could possibly be a standalone application; in which case it may also require a software license key- or a DLL made to run inside another application (PlanMill, PlanScan, PlanCad, etc.).

If you do not have any of the above software you should contact the person you purchased the machine from to obtain it.

You might even do a Windows Registry search for those executables/dll's. That may also prove to be enlightening.

You should also check in to legalities of the issues by reading the software license agreement(s) and see what it says about transferring any licenses.

Likely not much help here I'm afraid...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
spot on steve. jobserver is the tool used to load the filed into the mill. it needs to be installed by planmeca and you can do so by calling their support line, have your mill serial number handy, and connected to a PC connected to the internet, with hopefully a Teamviewer.

C

Craig Pattison

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will do some more investigation today and keep you posted.
Much appreciated.

Craig.

N

noidea

Reaction score
is the job server a seperate machine or just a software embeded in the milling machine?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Job server is separate machine

N

noidea

Reaction score
is the job server inside the design center pc? the one with the scanner camera?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No, separate machine. It is set up like a network.
Scanner PC, Job Server (server),On board PC (mill)

N

noidea

Reaction score
im screwed. i bought from ebay e4d hand scanner attached to design center pc, milling machine. no job server. can i buy any server /network pc?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Send me PM with the details of what you have, like the ebay listing info.

P

peterdds

Reaction score
Send me PM with the details of what you have, like the ebay listing info.
Hi there
I have issue to connect my laptop PC with the Design Center to wifi router connecting job server and E4D mills.
Every help will be appreciated and i will pay of course if someone can help me.
[email protected]
Kind Regards
Petar Kolev

D

dondago

Reaction score
Hi there
I have issue to connect my laptop PC with the Design Center to wifi router connecting job server and E4D mills.
Every help will be appreciated and i will pay of course if someone can help me.
[email protected]
Kind Regards
Petar Kolev
Hi. Did you solved it?

P

peterdds

Reaction score
Hi. Did you solved it?
Unfortunately not yet, both e4d mills are connected to job server and they do calibration job but when i try with design center to send crown to job server it gives cannot read job server version apart from that everything else works.
I bought it as used equipment , previous job server was lost and the seller bought me genuine part from planmeca /henry schein and probably some adjusments or installs need to be made but officialy planmeca answered me they are no longer under support in Bulgaria.
It is a shame because apart from the fact i spent reasonable amount of money it is a piece of higher engineering .
Thank you for asking .
I am willing to pay if someone can help me through remote software or videocall etc.
My phone number for whatsup or facetime or viber
Is +359887501893.
I apologize my english is far from perfect but i think i can handle communication.
Kind Regards
Petar Kolev

D

dondago

Reaction score
What versions are installed on jibserver, mill and design center

D

dondago

Reaction score
Give me your email. I can send you some software and a pdf that might help

G

grantoz

Reaction score
does anyone know of a dental lab thats purchased e4d mills i thought they were for dentists.