Help with copy mill implant denture with 3shape

D

drock

Reaction score
HI all,

I have a finished full upper zinc implant denture and we need to copy mill this into a pmma for use as a temp restoration. We did not make this case in the past so no past digital file records. We have 3shape and a roland mill. Is there any way this can be done? we tried to call 3shape but was told it could not be done but I'm sure it can be. Has anyone done this before on their 3shape and if so please help me out on this. thx

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its a lot of work. you will need the gingiva addon module, and tons of patience. however 3shape is right, theres no way to make it morph to the denture when you do it the conventional way.

if there was a bar in the case it would be a lot easier, but as there isnt one, its going to be a lot of work.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you will need the waxup holder for this. many do not have the holder.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
Pic your implant type and wax up. Then pic waxup in the bridge section. Scan the implant bridge you want to copy on the model...Then scan the soft tissue...then scan the bridge with the 3shape thingy that holds waxups to be copied. Done...Three scans

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
you will need the waxup holder for this. many do not have the holder.
I use an old bur or toothpics to hold the wax up in the air...its a bit of a pain getting it to stay put but once it does its perfect

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Pic your implant type and wax up. Then pic waxup in the bridge section. Scan the implant bridge you want to copy on the model...Then scan the soft tissue...then scan the bridge with the 3shape thingy that holds waxups to be copied. Done...Three scans
that's what im talking about. if u dont have the hodler ur f8ked.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you stood the denture up on its saddle to scan?

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
Ya...just as if it was suppended in that 3shape spiderweb thingy

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-2_15-19-25.png
    upload_2017-2-2_15-19-25.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 78
WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
hi how did you get the holes. i scanned one up and i dont get the step in the scan or the design to correlate the virtual scan body to the one on the model. does that mean i have to have a feature unlocked on my dongle ???

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
hi how did you get the holes. i scanned one up and i dont get the step in the scan or the design to correlate the virtual scan body to the one on the model. does that mean i have to have a feature unlocked on my dongle ???
If you set it uplike I showed above... when scanning it should ask for scan bodies to be inserted. You need the implant bridge module...or buy some CAD pointsw from distributor!

J

JeffinCAD

Reaction score
We have the waxuo fixture, but have had trouble using it with our D2000s. We are running 15.6. I've done one of these...the patient way. Would love to be able to copy.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
We have the waxuo fixture, but have had trouble using it with our D2000s. We are running 15.6. I've done one of these...the patient way. Would love to be able to copy.
upgrade to 16.4

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
If you set it uplike I showed above... when scanning it should ask for scan bodies to be inserted. You need the implant bridge module...or buy some CAD pointsw from distributor!

Cool cool. i figured it out what the problem was. on the scan setup , you have to have the check box checked that says scan implant location on wax up bridge. thanks for the reply though :)

N

NBKY

Reaction score
Hello out there! I am in a similar situation and I do have a bar. What's the cleanest way to scan my set up and adapt it to my bar...or can we do that? I am loaded with 3Shape, D2000, Wax up fixture, 2016... Thanks for any input! New on the block...:Hello:

A

Aaront596

Reaction score
if there was a bar in the case it would be a lot easier, but as there isnt one, its going to be a lot of work.

I do have a Bar in my case, care to help me do this with a bar?

Basically the same thing as the OP's question, PMMA copymill that will fit over a bar on a model. The bar is already fabricated. I found one way of doing it but it takes up to a full hour and half of letting 3shape think things through. I thought 3shape was locked up, but it turns out it needed forever to compute things. However, I can't dedicate a computer solely to copymills that take hours to compute. 3shape won't open another Dental Designer while one Dental Designer is thinking so the computer doing the thinking is basically useless, and then to top it off it actually does freeze up sometimes and has to be started over. I'd be very interested in finding another way.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you have the denture, scan it as any other waxup, but because you will have to scan the model with the bar, make sure you have data on the model that can be used to align the scans. then its a simple coping+anatomy bridge that you'll just morph to waxup.

3shape doesnt want to let you do that with the denture module, won't let you add teeth to a partial, and generally is unsuitable for digital dentures without being an extremely advanced user who can take the time to jump through hoops.

its never a simple straightforward workflow with complex cases in any software. this counts as a complex case.