Help my ivoclar ep500 keeps having error 16 at the end of press cycle.

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
I checked the manual and error 16 is the plunger not moving. It says chech pressure, I have tried having anywhere from 65psi- 75psi to the machine. The pressure gage on the machine looks fine? Any ideas? I'll be extremely grateful for some advice

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
Maybe? Where should I look. It was just shipped to me. They said it worked fine before they sent it. The box it was shipped in looked like it had been carefully handled

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
If I can't get this thing to work I might just buy a new one. This is the second one I've bought that did not work. I'm about to pull my hair out!!!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
ep500's are amazingly well built. Tilt it back so you can look inside and press the down arrow. You should see the press rod descend. You will also hear the pneumatics activate when it does so. If it comes down, use a mirror to inspect the plunger for build up of ceramic on the alox press rod. You can also turn it off with the press rod in the down position, let it cool down and check it by feel. If you see a lot of ceramic build-up all over the top of the muffle around the press rod, you may need to remove the rod and clean it with glass beads.
Very little in these units is beyond repair, IMHO. You can likely make it work, especially if you have a second "dud" unit to cannibalize for parts.
I'll check back later.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So how is it going? You pressing yet?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
pour up a dummy ring and make sure the plunger fits... for starters

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
On another thread you asked for someone with press issues to try and press at 1600.
So I would ask here if you are pressing at 910-915c cause 1600f is about 100 degrees to cold and maybe your plunger is hitting a cold ingot and stopping.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Do you have an Ivoclar rep...have them stop in. A lot of times they've seen any and all issues with the ovens and can tell you what part you may or may not need.

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
Error 16 means that the plunger did not move more than 1 mm and the time of injection reached the maximum scheduled 10 minutes, small restorations to inject causes this, you can put extra pieces or duplicate the piece to be greater than the amount of material to be injected and that solves the problem

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
Iv'e pressed thousands of emax in another pressing unit. I have not pressed any in this one because i have been trying to get it to work first :)

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
im gonna try to get it all straightened out today

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Is this a new or used furnace?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Contact Garland in Texas and talk to Charlie he'll be able to help.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I hope since you recently built your lab this isn't your only press oven. I imagined it could be and got all stressed out.

Top Bottom