Heat cured mouth guard problems

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Hello Gang,
I'm having trouble with my clear heat cured acrylic mouth guards not fitting. What techniques are you guys using to get winning results with your mouth guards ?

Thanks, Todd

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hello Gang,
I'm having trouble with my clear heat cured acrylic mouth guards not fitting. What techniques are you guys using to get winning results with your mouth guards ?

Thanks, Todd

Give us a little more info on how you are making them and be more specific about your issues.....they are not fitting, to lose, to tight, distorted? etc

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me why my finger hurts?

We can help but you have to throw us a bone.....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
It is pretty simple answer incorrect technique is why the heat cured mouth guard doesn't fit.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

Thanks, Todd
The Drs are saying the splints are distorted. Are you guys flashing your nightguards using th split pack method?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I take model, SURVEY/block out, wax up model, make a matrix with siltech, remove wax, paint separator, cut a spruehole in one side of the matrix, cut a vent hole in the other side, mix probase cold, pour into monojet syringe then fill cavity until it vents then cure it under 90psi. Probase cold is fine for my bite splints especially heavy grinders.
If the Dr. asks for specifically heat cure or something more sturdy, inject with ivobase clear.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
The Drs are saying the splints are distorted. Are you guys flashing your nightguards using th split pack method?
If it fits the master cast, it the impression and it on doctor.
If it don't fit the fit cast, it's on you.

Why could be from multiple causes, we'd need more info on what exactly is happening and what your technique is.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Do you pour the models?
The number one all-time best way to get a warped appliance is for the impression material to be not seated into the impression trays. If the impression material completely seated in the tray before the impression is made the chances it will warp on removal sky-rocket!

Duplicate the model, then you can trial fit, sometimes the appliance is warped really means "I'm to lazy to make necessary and expected adjustments"..

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Do you pour the models?
The number one all-time best way to get a warped appliance is for the impression material to be not seated into the impression trays. If the impression material completely seated in the tray before the impression is made the chances it will warp on removal sky-rocket!

Duplicate the model, then you can trial fit, sometimes the appliance is warped really means "I'm to lazy to make necessary and expected adjustments"..
Your last sentence is spot on.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
...and we're not just talkin' nightguards here Budge....

Top Bottom