Have to say ...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
definitely coming along!
Have conditions improved much for you?

your skills have increased greatly and it's good to see.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Interesting X-rays/radiographs. Front abutment was not seated initially, but looks like
bone in the way.
Was the front one screw-retained, hence the composite seal?
Also, it might help you to wax the abutment up like the final, milled shape in future, so
you don't have to spend that much time milling.
Amazing you can do all that in a war zone.
What alloy did you get to use for the copings?
LCM

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Was the front one screw-retained, hence the composite seal?
Not screw retained, but we dealt with it as if it was, so the sub-structure was cemented on the abutment outside the mouth then both were screwed back into the implant , this was the only way to make sure doctor is able to clean the remaining of the cement this deep under tissue ( about 4 mm ) .
So the idea was cement the two parts,
clean the remaining of the cement after it sets,
screw the tow parts in mouth,
thus we have an abutment-like ready to work with .
Also, it might help you to wax the abutment up like the final, milled shape in future, so
you don't have to spend that much time milling.
&
I'm not sure what that means .

The alloy is ivoclar 4-all

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
neat idea regarding the razor blades!!

Here are some pics of my homemade milling machine, looks very similar to yours - took a few tries before remembering they turn in opposite directions photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG guess we as a group are a very creative bunch who can think outside the box- LOL

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
He means to wax the abutment like how you want it in metal so when you cast it looks like what you want. Saves time grinding alloy.
Ok but that's what I do of course, I wonder where did he get the impression that I don't !!!
could it be the photo of grinding using the drill?!!! It was a ' transfer ' I was grinding, not a casted abutment.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
It looked like you cast a hunk of alloy and shaped it by the pictures. The red wax ups looked pretty rough, compared to your finished metal.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
P_20160501_154038_HDR~2.jpg P_20160501_154124_HDR.jpg I have to say I never understood the benefit of the verification jig, I mean what if the result returns negative , should you ask for another impression ?!! , l really don't know or maybe I don't get it.
Anyway what works fine for me is that I ask the doctor to take an alginate impression with the transfers, then I connect them together, then I ask for the silicon impression.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Nm3.jpg Nm7.jpg Nm5.jpg After I get the silicon impression ,which is pretty much accurate, I remove the jig and start adjusting the transfers.
This case is my first one with the need for that much bone loss , I mean I'll have to bake a huge amount of gum porcelain, it's going to be tough.
I made the resin copings , connect them with ordinary cold acrylic ( to save resin ) , then I put acrylic teeth to see where everything is going to be.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
We tried it in mouth, passed the so called one screw test, check the bite, everything is ok.
Today I'll start finishing the wax up, please tell me what you have to say . Nm2.jpg Nm1.jpg

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Of course later today I'll remove the acrylic teeth and replace them with wax.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
A verification jig is so you know your model matches the mouth. If the jig doesn't fit in the mouth the dr is to section jig it, and reimpress.

A verification jig is so you don't get into the case and do work and it end up being a bad impression. just to start over.

When using cold cure acrylic to connect the verification jig, after cured section using thin disc to relive tension and then reconnect there is a shrinkage factor with acrylic this will minimize that effect.

Depending on the vertical space, you could just process this with acrylic teeth and acrylic denture base. I would use different teeth to make it look more natural It would be a screw retained fixed hybrid just completely cover the support bar with acrylic.

Last edited:
Adi

Adi

Reaction score
If the jig doesn't fit in the mouth the dr is to section jig it, and reimpress.
yes that's what I don't get, why take this risk. Anyway it doesn't matter .

Why not make it all ceramic? Like this one :
IMG-20160523-WA0010.jpg

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
yes that's what I don't get, why take this risk. Anyway it doesn't matter .

Why not make it all ceramic? Like this one :
View attachment 21852
You can do all ceramic no problem, and if that what they want then do it. Screw retained hybrid is more a money saving option it also wears opposing teeth much less, it is much easier for you to make as well.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Patient is willing to pay.
What I'm worried about is the metal mass, will it be a problem during baking!!
Should I adjust the furnace parameters!!
It's early to talk about this.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Depending on the vertical space, you could just process this with acrylic teeth and acrylic denture base. I would use different teeth to make it look more natural It would be a screw retained fixed hybrid just completely cover the support bar with acrylic.
Does it need any opaquer to cover the metal bar prior to processing acrylic?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I was recently in a consult on a similar case, and the removable guy (different lab) said he just uses pink spray paint. I don't think that's really acceptable.