Guys, I need a lot of help, sep by step.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
This is a new large implant case I received recently, I've done it before, but not sure it was all the right steps.
So please tell me if anything wrong when I post the steps.
Now my first step is to do an acrylic tray for the wax registration bite, right? P_20151121_134608_HDR.jpg P_20151121_134637_HDR.jpg P_20151121_134652_HDR.jpg

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Redo impression placing soft tissue around analogs at least 2mm minimum both circumference and depth.
I suggest bead/box and a full solid cast. Then a verification jig, with bite registration. Thats a start...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What are you doing with it?

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Redo impression placing soft tissue around analogs at least 2mm minimum both circumference and depth.
I suggest bead/box and a full solid cast. Then a verification jig, with bite registration. Thats a start...
- I know it sounds silly, but is soft tissue really important? why?
- I know that the verification jig is a tray made of acrylic that connects the transfers, to make sure that everything is in the right position, right?
- I tried to google up "bead/box and a full solid cast" , found nothing, I don't know what this means.

Thank you for your help

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Soft tissue allows you to access the abutments easier. You need to be able to see the interface.
Verification jig looks like an implant bar made out of pattern resin you can use floss tie all implants together, Cover in pattern resin duralay, or pikuplast. When hard, section all the spans with thin diamond disc. Have dr lute in mouth and if it transfers back onto your model your analogs are placed correctly.
Bead and box is a technique for pouring a larger base in a model by using boxing wax to build up a ledge to contain the stone.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
~5-10 is a huge span. No cantilever is a good thing. This case may lack support on that right side.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Take a course on how to do these or send it off to a lab that does them regularly.. its not fair to the pt to learn how to do full mouth rehab by posting pics on a forum, with all respect..

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Wonder if they have those kinds of courses in Syria right now?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
only if you want to get cut with a piece of broken glass, or can bake porcelain in a mortar.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ah, I thought he was in israel, i think thats edy?

As I said, with respect, theres nothing wrong with learning , and I guess this is as good a place as any.. PM me adi if you need some books on implants..

Im not trying to be the ignorant american and say syrias dental care should resemble anywhere else in the world.. Like a rocking bridge on implants means anything in a warzone.. :bag:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Hope this helps..
I cant begin to understand what dentistry is like in a place like syria.. but dont let pride get in the way of giving the dr and pt the best..its ok to admit to the dr that you dont have experience.. maybe the dr doesnt either.. but planning and occlusal consideration cant be ingored in cases like these or you will be chasing your tail now and for years to come..

Attachments

• 1448321474432.jpg
    1448321474432.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 1448321598234.jpg
    1448321598234.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 1448321668486.jpg
    1448321668486.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 1448321764670.jpg
    1448321764670.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 81
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Always start with identifying what you are given, and what is your end target.
Then figure out a way to get there.
That said, I would look at what implants were placed, what impression posts
or temporary abutments, or actual abutments, were provided.
Then ask for X-rays to see if you can be confident they were properly seated
so you know for sure there is some degree of accuracy to work with, or
even worth a verification jig's time an effort.
For all you know, you need a custom tray, and the Duralay jig fabricated to be
sectioned and luted in the mouth to pick up in your custom tray if you want
to make your prosthesis seat reasonably comfortably. Or do you want the experience
of worrying and the practice of making a second framework, or worse, trying
to post-solder a long span prosthesis.

After all that, start your diagnostic waxup to visualize the end result and then
get that tried in, and go from there. I figure this will take you a long enough time
to get through.
Good luck.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I hope you stay safe where you are, understand you are in Syria.
LCM

Last edited:
H

hdn

Reaction score
Hope this helps..
I cant begin to understand what dentistry is like in a place like syria.. but dont let pride get in the way of giving the dr and pt the best..its ok to admit to the dr that you dont have experience.. maybe the dr doesnt either.. but planning and occlusal consideration cant be ingored in cases like these or you will be chasing your tail now and for years to come..
What book is this?

Top Bottom