Good places to get your implant bars milled?

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
What are your preferred milling centers for milling zirconia and titanium custom implant bars?

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
nobel procera bars are very nice, but not all implant systems, I also would like to know of others that except design files that are comparable to nobels

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
I have the software to design myself (3Shape and Procera) but just need a facility to mill if I decide to use 3Shape.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
3shape exports the bottom mesh of interface? You use Glidewells scan bodys?

Can I see a file?

Arnie in PA mills bars on a badass DMG.

I will attempt to do this next month.

Scott

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
3shape can show anything you want it to show, by far the best and easist software to work with for implants and it doesn't make much difference who scan buttons you use it can all be opened up. I will say when it comes to bars it makes a big difference in who's scan bodys you use, I have seen some that i wouldn't even want to make bars from. And yes i have worked with exocad, infact of a library for them also, will say it's one big pain in the ass software to work with but it does work nice for the design once you get the information into exocad.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
3shape exports the bottom mesh of interface? You use Glidewells scan bodys?

Can I see a file?

Arnie in PA mills bars on a badass DMG.

I will attempt to do this next month.

Scott

Yes, 3Shape can output abutments/bars with an interface although it's better to have the CAM software place the interface using a macro. If you don't want the interface then you can turn them off in the control panel (depending on your library, easy work arounds though) but yes, believe it or not, the 3Shape will output interfaces if you want them to.

Download test-abutment.stl from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Felix at iMilling in Virginia is doing some very nice work on his Datron D5. I know he had a few customers with custom/unique bar solutions they wanted milled and he was able to create completely new strategies to optimize the final product for each application. He's definitely a good one to call and chat with.

M

Marek71

Reaction score
I have been using 3Shape software, but the problem is where to outsource the manufacturing:-/

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Felix at iMilling in Virginia is doing some very nice work on his Datron D5. I know he had a few customers with custom/unique bar solutions they wanted milled and he was able to create completely new strategies to optimize the final product for each application. He's definitely a good one to call and chat with.

huh. I wonder why he and Ducky don't use the DMG for that? The Daytron is much slower due to poor cooling. It's only a light misiting system. I avoided that mill for that reason. No flood coolant. The DMG is wicked expensive!

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
He's getting the same milling times out of both machines. The coolant has proven to be more than sufficient while milling hard metals... and Datron has included an option for a higher quantity of mist if the customer feels it's needed (Datron always had the ability to change the quantity onsite or remotely, but they've now given the option to the customer on the iPad control). He claims that tool life has been incredible, too.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your calling custom/unique , their all custom/unique. I mill a lot of bars off of 3shape, If your looking to do some unique/bars 3 shape lets you do a lot and very easy to use implant system.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Whole new ball game in terms of regulatory compliance. Be sure and get your 510k filing in place and active FDA registration. Bars milled in house will void the implant manufacturers warranty, and as soon as an implant case fails and they find out you made the bar (even if it had nothing to do with you),I promise you, the implant company will have a written report, and documented complain on file with the FDA and they will make a bee-line for your lab.

Just so you know.....

As long as you have that stuff in place, you're good to go. How will you be managing the heat treating part of the process?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Whole new ball game in terms of regulatory compliance. Be sure and get your 510k filing in place and active FDA registration. Bars milled in house will void the implant manufacturers warranty, and as soon as an implant case fails and they find out you made the bar (even if it had nothing to do with you),I promise you, the implant company will have a written report, and documented complain on file with the FDA and they will make a bee-line for your lab.

Just so you know.....

As long as you have that stuff in place, you're good to go. How will you be managing the heat treating part of the process?

Not that I oppose someone looking over my shoulders so I can claim a bigger piece of the pie, but it sure looks scary when you outline it like this Mark. Knowing the true cost of doing business and the potential loss associated with it sure is starting to make a bigger impact on me.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hey Mark, i was wondering, what you say about Lab that cast bar ? If they use gold UCLA cylinder i understand but what if they use full plastic UCLA and cast the connection also (know that not the best but that not the point) do they need the FDA 510K?

Just so you know.....

Top Bottom