Gold Denture teeth-Care and feeding

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey there, thanks for clicking and reading.

I got a dds with a pt who's asked if he should do anything special with his gold window denture teeth for keeping them nice looking.
I can't think of anything aside from standard daily cleaning, and the normal no alcohol based stuff, Listerine and the like.

Is there a brand of cleaning solution that is better or worse for these? I know it's gold, so it shouldn't react, unless he's drinking Aqua Regia, but keeping them shiny is the goal.

Oh, and the teeth are Masel's 22k gold with a light shade core if that would matter.

Any input?

I should probably call Masel too, but thought I'd ask as there is an amazing level of knowledge floating around in y'alls collective heads.

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
You Will Need:

Warm water
Cotton balls or swabs
Mild dishwashing liquid
Bowl
Cotton cloth
A gold polishing cloth

Steps to Restore the Shine:

Mix mild dishwashing liquid in warm water to create a sudsy solution.

Soak the gold in the soapy water for a few minutes, just long enough to allow the solution to begin to work.

Rub gently with cotton balls or your fingers. Cotton swabs may be used for smaller, more intricate areas. You may not notice a difference in shine at this point, but before you finish with the polish.

Lay the gold out on the cotton cloth. Allow it to dry completely before continuing.

Restore shine with the gold polishing cloth. Be sure to turn the cloth frequently so you’re always using a clean spot.

Gotta love google:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
just any metal polish and a cloth really. then wash with soapy water.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You Will Need:

Warm water
Cotton balls or swabs
Mild dishwashing liquid
Bowl
Cotton cloth
A gold polishing cloth

Steps to Restore the Shine:

Mix mild dishwashing liquid in warm water to create a sudsy solution.

Soak the gold in the soapy water for a few minutes, just long enough to allow the solution to begin to work.

Rub gently with cotton balls or your fingers. Cotton swabs may be used for smaller, more intricate areas. You may not notice a difference in shine at this point, but before you finish with the polish.

Lay the gold out on the cotton cloth. Allow it to dry completely before continuing.

Restore shine with the gold polishing cloth. Be sure to turn the cloth frequently so you’re always using a clean spot.

Gotta love google:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just any metal polish and a cloth really. then wash with soapy water.
Thanks guys! I was worried that polishing shtuffs would injure the acrylic, guess it's not too much of a worry after all.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was worried that polishing shtuffs would injure the acrylic, guess it's not too much of a worry after all.
It would damage acrylic if you were trying to do any more than add luster. You aren't going after it with a handpeice.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It would damage acrylic if you were trying to do any more than add luster. You aren't going after it with a handpeice.
I was having a brain fart too. First thought was. Oh boy, if pt uses some Brasso matt on these...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
22k gold in reality should only need a cotton cloth and a fair amount of thumb pressure.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The gold tooth will probably make this guy clean his denture better than normal wearers

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Somehow forgot to upload this afterwards. Sorry. Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• Gold Teeth Care.pdf
    40.2 KB · Views: 13
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Somehow forgot to upload this afterwards. Sorry. Hope it helps someone.

Just what Holly93 needs to print and send along with his grille case.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Car54! i thought u were dead! hows you been man good to see you around!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes, but if I add diamonds or rubies, what cleaning protocol shall I suggest?
Full replacement every 6 months.Vroam

Ultrasonic? Ask a jeweler in town? You'd want their input anyway. Edit:Honestly how dirty can a real gemstone get. Just steam the thing off.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Car54! i thought u were dead! hows you been man good to see you around!

Thank you, friend. Good to be back and see you all again :)

I sure did get a lot of work done, though. I'm just going to have to keep track of myself as far as how much time I spend here.