Gold basket crowns

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Isn't he talking about the reverse of that? Like a lingual veneer?
The article states that the facial has an open window. I didn't read the whole thing, but skimming through there is no mention of lingual coverage.
But then again, what the hell do I know?Dontknow

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The article states that the facial has an open window. I didn't read the whole thing, but skimming through there is no mention of lingual coverage.
But then again, what the hell do I know?Dontknow
no mention of it, no, but they look and feel bulky by the looks of them. for them to feel less so i'd assume lingual coverage to keep the same B profile.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Years and years ago we did "open faced" crowns with acrylic packed into the facial. Gold frame around for an ethnic esthetic look. Isn't this really what they're looking to do?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Years and years ago we did "open faced" crowns with acrylic packed into the facial. Gold frame around for an ethnic esthetic look. Isn't this really what they're looking to do?
Yes, but not a full crown prep. Just a border around the facial. Sort of like your centrals just a little less bling.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
from the article: "The provision of these restorations is by 'back street' dentists who lack restorative knowledge and skill. The biological impact of these gold basket crowns (brass) is evident through destruction of healthy tooth tissue, secondary caries and plaque retention leading to periodontal consequences. The following cases highlight these unfortunate outcomes."

So.. why would you want your lab to do these? Its ok to say no. Or tell them to have the pt. get them done in mexico?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My thought exactly. I wouldn't even go there.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why torture yourself. Just give Starlight a call, this is their thing. I believe the metal just bonds on, just like ortho.

starlightmfginc.com
800 223 1752

basket.jpg

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
p